R&S: Norway is the best Country (again!)?

According to the UN's HDI (Human Development Index), Norway is number 1 in terms of life expectancy, prosperity, education, and health. U.S achieved number 4 (up from position 13 from last year). Norway has also offered full same-sex relationship rights ad yet they are still the healthiest country. Question is, when will the U.S stop battling each other over something petty such as LGBT rights and strive for that number one spot instead

And no, I don't like Obama. Nor did I like McCain either so I'm not trying to be a liberal here.

@Robert Abuse: There is an article on the Yahoo homepage about it. Plus you can wiki Norway if you like. It says on the 2010 report that it is a culmination of factors.

And yes I purposely put this in R&S simply because I am an R&S reg. Lol. It's my home ^_^

Favorite Answer

I thought Japan was number one in life expectancy?

No.2 Hong Kong.

No.8 France.

No.20 UK.

No.38 USA

Edit: Thanks, I will look.

... Found it, it is right after the news article about the US spying in Norway!

Yeah Japan 83.6 years, Norway 81.0.

Liechtenstein, that little bubble of The Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation that refused to burst, average income $US 81,011 !!!

Norway is a very nice place indeed, but bloody expensive.

I am in Japan at the moment, also a very nice place and quite a bit cheaper than Norway.

It would be nice to see the full list to see how us Brits have fared recently.

• .

The problem you're going to encounter is that many Americans can't even locate Norway on a map, let alone understand what their quality of life is like and be able to compare it to here.

I'm an American myself, so don't think I'm trying to insult the USA. I'm just being realistic, because quite frankly, that's how a lot of people in this country think.

Best of all....

Norway is a socialist country with full medical health care.

That's why we have a healthy population and peacefull too.

Norway rules. did you know they have urinals made to look like the virgin Mary there? No Sh!t LOVE that place, can't wait to go back!!!!!

You're in the wrong category

Source(s): Living it up in sunny California
  • what's really amusing is that a majority of norwegians are atheist....I'll bet that just infuriates the fundies...

• Number one in who's eyes, certainly not God's. They're very atheistic in that country.

well I don't know but religion is not the best section for this.. maybe government.

Don't let the screen-door hit you in the @ss on your way out!

Yeah, but it's bloody freezing. I'll stick with SoCal, thanks. It may be full of crazies but at least it's warm