promotion image of download ymail app

What is the process I have to go through to copyright a song of mine?

Please be as specific as possible thank you :)

1 Answer

  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    One of the best things you can to protect yourself & your creative work as an Artist in all facets, is to register as a member of either BMI(Broadcast Music, Inc.) , or ASCAP (American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers). Both are performance rights organizations & offer a wealth of information on their websites to guide you through the music industry jungle. You can not belong to both, so you'll want to weigh out which one best serves you. i know that ASCAP offers health, dental, instrument and life insurance via its MusicPro program. Typing either into a search engine will offer extensive information. Or your can click directly to their website links that I included below. I also listed the wikipedia page definitions to give you an overview of both organizations. Good luck to you in your artistic endeavors. Cheers.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.