Am I confused about the ...?

I have read much of the King James version, and was raised in the Morman faith.

I am in my fifties. I have not been a church-goer for most of my adult life. Now, I am most interested in re-entering my purpose filled life.

My questions seem to be centered around the 'gathering' of souls. I mean; isn't it enough to believe? It says in the Bible (which is an anagram for Basic Instruction Before Leaving Earth.) that all I have to do is believe in Jesus Christ, and I shall be saved.

I believe.

He said it, I believe it.

He sent His Only Begotten Son to cleanse my soul through my belief in Him.

He says He likes it when I 'pray in my closets'.

And, it's mentioned, He likes it when two or more get together to sing His praises.

And, I'm quite sure, He likes it a lot when we are straggling across the desert, with our dry mouths, our clothing in shreds, our feet bleeding, our eyes blinded by the noonday sun, and still we sing His Praises!

Now, we are warned about the Sadducees, and the Pharisees, in the book of Ezekial. We are warned against the "public display" of prayer.

I do it privately, possibly to my detriment.

My choice.

One definition of "church" is 'community'.

Now, if I choose to identify myself as a member of 'the body of Christ' spiritual version of Christianity, am I any different than the Sunday 'go-to-meetin'' crowd? I mean, I have lived in LA for size, and I have lived in Podunk for spirtual attainment. Point bein', is it wrong to question the gathering in the building?

I have seen the beauty of His Grace all around this land.

To live a life of sharing my belief, in God, and be at peace with the 'community', can it be done?

I am a man who likes to be alone. My wife thinks it's odd I don't go into crowds. If I must... I know I will be secure because my Lord is with me always.

I have a deeply-seated belief in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I know that He alone has made life ever-after possible for me. Without His works, I wouldn't be here now.

Do I not get to heaven if I don't show up Sunday morning?

I fear no thing on this earth. I fear no thing after I leave this earth. I do not fear Lucifer, or God, because, after you've chosen your Savior, what is there to fear?

I am not afraid of the upcoming stage of life, after leaving this body. But, I am only trying to get other viewpoints to consider. God gave me a brain to use. I want to learn. Tell me how you percieve the question of 'going to meeting' and any other viewpoints this may inspire.

Thank you and may God Bless you for taking time to think.

Amen

WOW!!! Did this go to the Wrong section, or what? I meant this to be in the religion and spirituality section!

Favorite Answer

Do you believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God, just like the Bible?

If you don't, then you have no problem. If you ARE LDS, which I really question, just leave the church.

If you do, then you must also accept that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God. And that Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet of God. And that the Doctrine & Covenants and the Pearl of Great Price are also the word of God. And so on.

After the toddler is born have the paternity try regardless. If the toddler is yours then that's yours. Now that became into basic. yet, if the toddler isn't yours then 2 issues can ensue, you are able to settle for the youngster or reject the youngster. the two way the toddler merits to have a scientific historic previous of his organic and organic father and that factor of the relatives. observed babies are each from time to time scoffed at yet they are chosen, each from time to time fought for and consistently needed. it is greater desirable than some organic babies can say. So what ever you do, what ever you be certain, get the youngster a scientific historic previous of his organic and organic father no remember who that could desire to be.

I am russell Nelson a jewish convert said to be the most loyal jew at the temple. What few know is that I'm gay. It doesn't matter how much I believe I can't change it I would if I could I would pay thousonds I would give a leg or my sight anything but nothing has been proven right so I have to stay as I am.