Christians - When being asked to prove that God exists?

I thought of this when answering the below question from "Religion is Sinking" He asked, Can you prove that God is real? Answer: Can you prove an emotion is real? Wouldn't this be like asking me how I feel and then asking to me to prove it!. How can I? Through tears, through a red face of... show more I thought of this when answering the below question from "Religion is Sinking"

He asked, Can you prove that God is real?

Answer: Can you prove an emotion is real? Wouldn't this be like asking me how I feel and then asking to me to prove it!. How can I? Through tears, through a red face of rage, through a blank look of depression? Of course, but this is not proof. Not the kind you are asking for at least. Where does human perception of truth come in to play? Is that not the basis of using all of our senses - body, mind, soul.

Emotions aren't tangible but they can manifest physically just like God. Correct? You can't taste or touch God or an emotion but you feel it i.e a tear is to an emotion as a sunset is to God.

Let me know your thoughts on this
Update: Aeca - Love that insight and was thinking about that when I did my post. We're on the same line!
Update 2: SaintCog -You proved my point. As a human I can see when someone is sad. Can't prove it but I can tell even if there is no tear. Why? Because I have insight, can't prove insight either. And that's why we can't prove God in the way the atheists want us too.
Update 3: Mike - I love the way you put it also! Brilliant. Bingo. Makes sense to me.
Update 4: Kathy - something to chew on

Loving the responses as they really are well thought out and give me new insight as well
Update 5: To the people who said, God can't manifest himself physically si wrong wrong wrong. He is all around physically. Have you seen a sunrise lately or the stars?