Devante asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

Bigger arms within three months. Is that possible?

I started working out tuesday. I do all kinds of things with dumbells, drink plenty of water, sleep ect. Can I add an inch or so to my arms by Febuary of next year? Should I be using heavier weights with fewer reps or lighter weights with more reps to build bigger arms faster? I only want to use dumbells.Also will the muscle also help me gain more weight too? I want to go from 150lbs to 180lbs in three months also.

Favorite Answer

yes it is possible and yes you want to go heavy with fewer reps, if you do light weight and many reps that will make you lean not bigger. also very very very important go to gnc or muscle max and ask them you want to get Proton that gains weight, and once you work on your arms wait at least 4 days other wise they wont get big you have to give them time to rest and rebuild heavy and strong muscle good luck.

You wont gain 30 pounds of muscle in 3 months. Your arms could get slightly bigger if your training hard. Your training your whole body though right? bicep,triceps,back,shoulder,abs, and legs? All you need is dumbells. It doesn't matter the reps as long as the last rep you can barley do. If your lifting and you think you could do a couple more reps your either not doing enough reps or not enough weight. It took me over a decade to gain around 20 pounds of muscle maybe 25 pounds. Getting big takes alot of lifting and alot of time. But you can def see improvements in 3 months for sure. Just remember the more you stress the muscle the more it will grow so lift intensely

Working out alone doesn't increase muscle mass, diet is actually the main thing you need to focus on (along with weight lifting of course!) to increase muscle size, do what the others said above me, but also make sure to eat over your maintenance calories (that is, how many calories your body burns naturally), eat anywhere from 500 - 1000 MORE calories, than whatever the maintencance value may be.

Also, make sure you're getting enough protein, it is ESSENTIAL for muscle growth, a good rule is to eat about 1.1 times your weight in protein (grams of course!) for example:

if you weigh 100 pounds, you would want to eat 110 grams of protein a day

1

Source(s): Gain Mass and Muscles http://emuy.info/MuscleStrengthHealth/?5nsJ