Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBoxing · 1 decade ago

money may vs fleix trinidad 12 rds?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Tito Trinidad can be easily outboxed. However, he has beaten boxers by piling up points with power punches. He beat a post-prime, unmotivated Pernell Whitaker. Tito was outboxed by Hector Camacho, briefly, until his body attack took a toll and slowed Hector down.

Floyd trains harder than either Whitaker or Camacho ever did. He doesn't have the speed of Camacho or the defense of Whitaker but his conditioning makes up for any deficiencies. Where Floyd blocks and deflects punches, or avoids them from outside, Whitaker is a master at avoiding punches from the inside.

The point is that a prime, conditioned Whitaker would have been a nightmare for Trinidad. Floyd would use his legs to keep a distance but, during the middle rounds, Trinidad, who'd never give up the chase, would corner Floyd and score heavily.

Floyd's conditioning might get him through the latter part of the fight. He would certainly lost the last few rounds. The winner would depend on how many rounds Floyd can bank early. Trinidad is slow on his feet and has questionable defense. However, he's a busy fighter who gives no quarter. He STAYS on his man and he wouldn't allow Floyd any room for error.

Floyd has really not fought any top level welterweights so it's not easy to tell how he'd do against one. Tito could possibly score a knockdown but it's more likely that Floyd would avoid being knocked down. He'd bank a lot of rounds early and Tito would close the gap later in the fight.

One other thing to consider. Trinidad KILLED himself, at least two years before leaving the 147 lb. class. This weighs heavily in Mayweather's favor.

It's a close one.

Mayweather W15 Split.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

As much as I like Felix, he would have lost by decision to Flomo Jr. Flomo Jr. would do enough to win on points, with majority of the fight mimicking ODLH and Trinidad, where ODLH in the last 2-3 rounds was running laps in the ring away from Trinidad, thinking he had won the fight.

• 4 years ago

the enormous diference in this experience is that Pavlik is a real organic middleweight. He ought to unquestionably circulate as much as mild heavyweight together with his physique to boot and Trinidad is extra of a organic welterweight. This combat reminds me a splash of the combat years in the past between welterweight legend Jose Napoles and middleweight legend Carlos Monzon. i definitely experience that Trinidad is the extra proper fighter however the lots smaller guy and it may be obvious. i understand Trinidad is a sturdy puncher yet i think of he loses attempting to commerce bombs with Pavlik. i've got faith this combat might have Pavlik spearing Trinidad with not undemanding jabs and catching him with precise arms as he tries to artwork his way interior. Trinidad might have moments of effectiveness or perhaps shake Pavlik with some sturdy photos alongside the way. the two adult adult males are very stable and not undemanding to knock out so i've got faith it might visit the playing cards with Pavlik taking the unanimous determination.

• 1 decade ago

Tito struggled against a wily counter puncher in Bernard Hopkins and i cant see him beating Money Mayweather with his akward style.

Mayweather UD 119-108

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Martin
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Both at their peaks, i assume? Going by the trouble Oscar gave Tito, i would have to go with Floyd by split decision. Neither fighter is hurt, though.

• 1 decade ago

Money kills Trini in 2 rounds with a hammer.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

trinidad...he is a bit bigger

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.