If i drop a class three weeks before it ends do i have to pay FAFSA back the money they sent me?

Favorite Answer

If you're changing from Full time to Part time and your fafsa specifies that you're full time then they may stop deferring your loans. I had gone under full time status for a short period of time and my loans then contacted me to pay but by the time I needed to start paying I was back to full time. So it was deferred again.

If it was a grant sometimes they require that you're full time and you may have to pay it back. The details should be in your reward notification for your school.

• Alexis

Didn't they tell you this when you went down the the financial aid office. Have you called the financial aid office at your school. You might should ask someone who can directly give you more information. I do know that you are lucky to get that money and you are wasting it. I would kill to get financial aid, it would cover my whole tuition but I am married and do not qualify. You are wasting a beautiful gift of free education.

• Ryan M

Of course. FYI.....FAFSA is the APPLICATION itself, not some agency that hands out financial aid.