David asked in TravelAsia PacificThailand · 9 years ago

What are the best places to go to meet good women in Thailand?

BTW i mean women you would date or court and then marry. Serious and respectful relationships and not sex tourism

• Titan
    Favorite Answer

Usually, you meet good women in work places, schools, colleges. But, if you can't, in Thailand, usually through introduction.

Source(s): Me. Thai, met my wife in work contact.

Most of the Thai girls who want to meet a western man and maybe have a relationship work in the mainstream tourist industry. Contrary to popular belief more tourists enter thailand to experience the nations other offerings rather than the "meat" trade.

So it is possible to meet nice girls as an everyday tourist as these girls will also have a decent level of English. The down side is that the number of girls will also consist of many whom woul'd rip you off given the chance and those with several western boyfriends.

Like the UK and US many girls who do not work in the sex industry are still "good time girls" just out to enjoy their youth and escape poverty. And if this means spending time with western guys they will. Most Thai girls dream of escaping poverty and having to work 6 days a week in sweat shop for $1,50 per hour, also many "nice" girls have a "part time" job.

Only you will know if the girl you meet is nice and then only after a long "courtship" not a quick holiday fling. A bit like back home where finding a "nice" girl takes time and commitment.

• Gee

You should know that if you want to meet a loyal, honest Thai lady then you must be prepared to invest in your time and a little money too. Avoid the bars and night clubs, as the vast majority of these girls are money grabbers, additionally they may have a number of western boyfriends too!

Approach women in coffee shops, shopping malls, markets, etc. Agreeing with Ice Cube, many decent Thai ladies can be found in education establishments and in the work place. Remember that if you are looking to marry a Thai lady, you will most likely be expected to pay a sin sot to her parents - this should be discussed with her.

The key thing to finding a good women, regardless of where you are is to take your time and get to know the ladies.

You'd be very luck to meet a good woman. By 'good woman' I mean a girl from a well to do family, who behaves according to what Thais see as appropriate behavior for young women. They normally marry Thai men.

Not all Thai women are interested in foreigners. Most of them aren't. Nothing racial at all. Why would a woman be interested per se in a serious relationship with a man from a different culture?

You have answered your own question - find a Lady that is not working in sex tourism and works in office, market, 7/11 or similar.

You have to understand Thai culture and a Lot of Ladies get married or have children at young age so like you everyone has a history.

Thats a stupid question where you from where you meet good women in your country Thailand is not a small country and 99% of women will certainly not be flattered by your remarks Dont use a small area of thailand or a tiny percentage of women to base your judgement either I wouldnt bother going id thats your attitude

• Ynot

I'm an Englishman living in Chiang Mai with my Thai wife. Every day I get asked by respectable Thai ladies, "Where can I meet a good farung (western world foreigner) who will treat me respectfully, court me and marry me?"

So if that's what you want, come to Chiang Mai.

You know, I am tired of the AIDS comments and apologize for some of the rudeness above. I have been here a long time and actually never met anyone with AIDS. There was a long standing columnist for the BKK Post who said it was all hype... but thats another question.

I live upcountry and the number of times I am asked if I know any nice Western guys would boggle your mind. Sure, they see the nice houses that Westerners build for their wives. But I am not sure of your motives as you don't state them. If you want a "nice" girl to date and screw around with that is one thing. If you are looking for marriage that is something else. Both subjects are too long for Y/A response.

in case you reside in uk, US, Canada, AUS or NZ, then looking a Thai lady should not be too lots of a project, yet you will ought to maintain your eyes open! possibly you may look into Thai bars/golf equipment, eating places, Asian communities (i.e. your interior sight China city)? I met a sturdy Thai lady at my interior sight nightclub final week and we had our first date in the present day...only undergo in concepts that issues artwork in a different way interior the west than in Thailand.

Universities are the final answer. Just like any other country, there are a ton of good-looking and well-educated people in the universities.