Link asked in PetsDogs · 9 years ago

My dog's birthday is in a month...?

I want to celebrate my dog's 2nd birthday. He's taken a huge milestone since we adopted him last year. He was born Dec. 19th 2008, and we adopted him Dec. 21, 2009.... Which day should I celebrate and what'd be appropriate?

I know it's going to be a while I just wanted to know if you guys had any ideas. :-)

• Aussie
    Favorite Answer

I am going to get a lot of TD, I know.

You are having a party for you, the dog is just an excuse, and he won't care anyway! It's not like he's going to say, 'Hey, thanks for the cake, what are you going to buy me next year!?'

If you really want to celebrate getting a great dog, donate the money you would spend on a useless celebration that is all about YOU, (Your dog will not care, remember or look forward to it as much as you, be honest) and donate the money to a shelter for dogs, or starving children.

I love my three dogs. But dogs are not human beings. Save an animal, write a protest letter to your Government about the high kill rate of abandoned dogs, and the low fines for animal cruelty.

Or, you could make a meat cake, have his rich doggy friends over, and have a nice birthday celebration. What a waste of money!

I always celebrate my baby's birthday on the day we got her. idk it just seems more fitting bc thats when she became a member of our family, when we saved her. as far as i'm concerned, before we got her is not to celebrate bc she wasn't loved the way she is now (of course i'm happy she was born tho lol)

anyways, for my dog's birthday, i make her a bunch of food that we eat. she rarely gets people food, so its a real treat that on her birthday i cook up a tiny steak (she's a chihuahua) some mashed potatoes and whatever else i think of, but those two are prety much tradition over her five birthdays. and for desert i give her sme vanilla ice cream or something. all day we play with her and take her on a hike and keep our other bigger pets away lol.

good luck!!

• I would celebrate it on his actual birthday! :) And appropriate for the dogs birthday party? I remember once for my yorkie birthday I baked her Pup-Cakes ((called pup cakes because they are for dogs)).

Haha. You could invite some of your friends and have them bring their dogs, and you could play tug-of-war, sing happy birthday to your dog, play catch, buy him some new dog toys, you could also do a trick contest to see which dog has the most tricks, and you could also find a few treats and the owners would keep track of how many treats their dogs' found so whichever dog found the most would win.... Lol.

I do not know where I come up with these things, they just popped in my head as I started typing, Lmao.

I'd say to do both days, the birthday and the adoption day, for his birthday some kind of puppy party, maybe he has puppy friends? With special treats for them new toy?

Hen on his adoption anniversary maybe do a repast of what ever you did when you brought him home in celebration format...

Hope this helps!

I would just celebrate the day he was born since you actually know it. :)

Make him a doggy cake out of stuff you find online to do it with or something. All dog safe.

Or if there are other people who have dogs he likes to play with have a play date.

if he was born on the 19th then that's the day you celebrate. if you have friends with dogs, throw a party for him at a local dog park or at your house. make some doggie cup cakes or a b-day cake and let them all enjoy it. just letting the dogs all get together will be fun for them (assuming they all get along).

• Lelee

You can give him a nice day on his birthday and you celebrate and honor him on the day he came to you. Celebrate on the day that the most family will be there to play with him. He could have a nice piece of plain chicken on any of his days.

Source(s): A very old small dog lover
  • vixen

December 19th - his actual birthday. My daughter had a birthday party for her dog. She invited friends and their dogs. She had hats and cake for the humans and special dog cookies for the dogs. Everybody brought a present and she even had goodie bags for the dogs.

Why not make it a 3-day event?... And choose to celebrate every day and appreciate every milestone. :)

i would go with the day that loved dog was put on this earth