Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 9 years ago

How am I supposed to know if a guy likes me?

Well I have a dilemma. I feel very very self-conscious when I am around guys. But I've noticed that I get attention I dont know. Usually cat calls, or often men just stare. This makes me think "oh god, are they staring at me because I am hideous?" and it makes me retreat. Thats why I've become introverted, and it has his benefits. But i'm getting older, almost 18 years old. And I haven't really.... well developed in relationships? ive had only two serious relationships, long-term. But anyway, I noticed that well certain guys just stare at me. When they see me, i look at them too. And Lock my eyes on theirs of course. One guy in particular likes to walk around and fidget and for some reason he just cannot sit still. It's a little odd watching him. He likes to make trips to the washroom and walk and pace around me a lot. Another guy.. well i approached him a couple of times and he blushed. He hasn't spoken to me YET, but he does the pacing around the room, and walking and staring/looking away. We often even bump into each other at random times

Is this a coincidence? I dont know how to deal with being self-conscious. Why does this happen? And why can't a guy that i feel an attraction to heavily can't just come up and say hello? Btw these guys are 19-20 and this happens at a study hall

• nick
    Favorite Answer

If that is you in profile picture i have blown it up and i can tell you straight away you are right your hideous ha ha ha no for god's sake you are absolutely beautiful and that is why young guys and probably older ones too look at you and if you check it out you will probably notice other women doing it to, Beautiful really beautifully women seem to come in two varieties either they know they are beautiful and are usually complete bitches and the other type is what you describe they do not realise themselves and think something is wrong with them eg become more introvert. Why can't a guy come up to you who you feel attracted to probably because us guys can be pretty bold and forward with most women girls but when we come up to an absolute stunner then sometimes the bottle goes and we pace about and do dumb things and make ourselves look even dumber than we really are, it still happens as we get older to only we control doing the dumb stuff a bit better. I would be a bit worried about the one who goes to the washroom a lot. I mean that sounds as if he's losing all control.Oh yes a boy blushing just re read your ? now that's another sign of what i've told you no way would you be getting blushes if you where hideous. Now i've explained this please don't turn into a super *****, Have fun hun your cool

Believe it or not a lot of us guys are as introverted as you...I typically have a problem where if I see a girl I even remotely like I shut down and go into super shy mode (unless I know them really well...)

By the way we treat you after we've had sex.

You suffer from Trollitis, get treatment:

http://answers.yahoo.com/search/search_result;_ylt...

Strike up a conversation yourself, but seem desperate he'll think ur queer. Just try to get to know him and see if you have somethings in common.

Didn't read it. But the answers are in his hands.