How am I supposed to know if a guy likes me?

Well I have a dilemma. I feel very very self-conscious when I am around guys. But I've noticed that I get attention I dont know. Usually cat calls, or often men just stare. This makes me think "oh god, are they staring at me because I am hideous?" and it makes me retreat. Thats why I've become... show more Well I have a dilemma. I feel very very self-conscious when I am around guys. But I've noticed that I get attention I dont know. Usually cat calls, or often men just stare. This makes me think "oh god, are they staring at me because I am hideous?" and it makes me retreat. Thats why I've become introverted, and it has his benefits. But i'm getting older, almost 18 years old. And I haven't really.... well developed in relationships? ive had only two serious relationships, long-term. But anyway, I noticed that well certain guys just stare at me. When they see me, i look at them too. And Lock my eyes on theirs of course. One guy in particular likes to walk around and fidget and for some reason he just cannot sit still. It's a little odd watching him. He likes to make trips to the washroom and walk and pace around me a lot. Another guy.. well i approached him a couple of times and he blushed. He hasn't spoken to me YET, but he does the pacing around the room, and walking and staring/looking away. We often even bump into each other at random times

Is this a coincidence? I dont know how to deal with being self-conscious. Why does this happen? And why can't a guy that i feel an attraction to heavily can't just come up and say hello? Btw these guys are 19-20 and this happens at a study hall