Does Maryland have State Income Taxes?

I am moving to Maryland, Washington, DC and want to know if I have to file state income taxes? My current state doesnt have state income taxes, so I am just curious! Thanks!

Yes I am very aware of them being two different states. I will be living in Maryland and working in D.C. that's why I asked.

Thanks

Favorite Answer

Both Maryland and DC have their own income taxes.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Does Maryland have State Income Taxes?

Source(s): maryland state income taxes: https://tr.im/UA88V

Yes. Maryland and Washington DC are two different places by the way, both of which have income tax.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avjJq

MD doesn't tax wages earned in MD by VA residents so you aren't required to file a MD return. But if you had MD tax withheld, you should file MD Form 505 to get a refund of the withheld tax. FYI - unless the law provides otherwise, income is taxable regardless of the amount. Some people confuse taxability with the requirement of the payor to issue a Form 1099. For example, non-employee compensation is taxable regardless of the amount received, but the payor isn't required to issue a 1099 if the income is less than $600.

Yes

• tamala

Hurrah, that's what I was exploring for! Thanks op of this question.