NaNoWriMo-ers(/writers): Amazing Survey of Awesomeness that you should totally do#I?

Let's start with a few questions about your project. If you aren't doing NaNoWriMo, just skip all questions that don't apply.

1) How much planning have you done? Did you do your planning before November 1st, or after? If you haven't planned, are you writing by the seat of your pants? How is that working out for you?

2) What's your word count?

3) Did you stay awake until Midnight October 31st in preparation?

4) What was your inspiration for the plot?

5) What do you think you're doing well? (ie time management, reaching your daily goal, balancing time)

6) What can you improve on?

7) Did you cheat at all? (Writing some BEFORE November 1st)

8) How did you find out about NaNoWriMo?

9) Are you doing the official version, or the young writer's version?

10) Do you think you'll be able to write the 50,000 words?

11) are you doing it alone, or do you have a writing buddy who's also doing NaNoWriMo? ( people on the internet don't count)

Now some Q's about your story itself.

12) Who is your MC?

13) How old are they? What gender? Physical description?

14) Do you think you would get along with them? Why or why not?

15) What genre is your story?

16) Do you have high expectations for your plot?

17) Does your MC have a love interest? Who is he/she?

18) When and where does your novel take place?

19) Does it have a title yet? If so, what is it?

20) Should you be writing it right now?

21) Have you got any writer's block yet? Plot holes or related issues?

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

~I've done a bit of rough planning, meaning I know most of the major events, and this was mostly planned before the 1st.

2) What's your word count?

~I'm embarrassed to say.

~nope, I had to get up early the next day to go to class, then to work. I didn't get home until 9:30pm on the 1st.

~The plot is still a little sketchy, but it is based on a series of dreams I had.

~Well...none of what you mentioned. I'm really behind. I guess I can say that I'm liking what I'm producing with my novel so far, though it isn't much.

6) What can you improve on?

~Getting the thing done!

~nope, my novel does have a forward and a prologue that is unfinished and were written before Nov. 1st, but I'm not submitting those with NaNoWriMo, I just want to get the main body done.

~I really don't remember, I just kept seeing the name and I googled it.

~the official version, I'm too old for the young writer's version

~I doubt it, but i'm going to try.

~Alone. I don't know many people who write.

Now some Q's about your story itself.

12) Who is your MC?

~Amelia Joaquine Snow (nickname Amee (pronounced ah-mee))

In the main story, she's 24 (prologue she is 22), female, she's about 5'2", slender, but slightly curvy (about 118 lbs). Her hair is rich chocolate brown, curly and long, she has unusually bright, almost glowing, sapphire blue eyes (almond shaped). She is beautiful, but not overly beautiful, just slightly about average.

~I think I could get along with her somewhat. She is still in development. I can definitely relate to her because she is going through depression because of her family life and some major events in the story. I'm trying to make the depression something that only comes out when she is alone or at her worst state so I dont' have an unlikable character.

15) What genre is your story?

~(oh people are going to shoot me for this one) It is a Vampire Action-Adventure Romance (yes, I said Vampire! And I'm not a Twilight fan, just so you know)

~ a little, I want it to be good, but it does need work.

~she has two. In the prologue, she is supposed to be married to John Fredrick Sanders, but the events in the prologue take that away from her and she thinks he is dead (I'm sure you guessed what happens to him:) In the main story, John's best friend, Jeremy Patrick O'Riley, who has liked Amelia since he met her, is her new boyfriend, then, John comes back, so there is a fun love triangle because Amelia is confused on what she wants, and John and Jeremy will get into it near the end.

The main body start at 3:00am on 5/5/2004, of course, it moves from there. The town is Warsaw, Missouri, and it will stay in that region for most of the book

I have a very very rough working title "Midnight Serenade", kind of like Beethoven's Moonlight Serenade. I think of that song when I write, so, naturally, I gave the novel a working title based on that piece.

20) Should you be writing it right now?

Probably, but I'm taking forever writing this, I'm having to get up every couple minutes to tend to my daughter (she's giggling at her stickers right now)

A little writer's block, only because I'm sort of winging it at the part of the story I'm at now. I'm sure there are plot holes with my rough outline for the plot.

• Tear G

I am so curious... do you actually sit through reading all of these answers? If so, epic.

-I planned the week before NaNoWriMo and have been outlining the book during class. A lot of the stuff changes when I write it, but I like having a guideline.

2) What's your word count?

11,611 words.

No, I had school.:(

I drew a guy and thought he looked like what I would imagine the sin "Envy" being in human form and worked from there. Everyone thinks he looks like a girl though.

I think so-one chapter per day and going strong!

6) What can you improve on?

I need more dialogue.... a lot more.

Nope.

My teacher and another student were discussing it, and my teacher had read a story of mine and suggested I do it as well.

Official.

Yup. At this rate I'll be at that point roughly halfway through the month, but not done with the novel.

My friend "Ambercorn" (an Amber unicorn) from my H World History class is doing it as well.

Now some Q's about your story itself.

12) Who is your MC?

A girl named Kelsie Grace.

She's 19 years old, female of course, and bulky for a girl. She's self conscious of her muscles and lack of feminine curves with a pretty face and short, soft red hair. Not the best chest in the world but a flat stomach at least.

No. She's a bit rude and suspicious, she would probably find me crazy as well.

15) What genre is your story?

Action/Historical fantasy.

Yes. I think the idea is fairly original and I want to make sure it stays that way.

Yes, two. One boy-Yvet- is her partner in both senses of the word for awhile but dies in the sequel. Then she has a short fling with Envy, and I'm not sure if she'll end up single or have her go with her friend from the story's start.

Victorian England, near London.

"Envy"

20) Should you be writing it right now?

Nope, did my chapter for the day.

No, thank God. But I know there is pain to come.

I started planning on October 1st. I started planning by drawing a map of the town where most of the action takes place. I made huge lists of names that I liked, so that it'd be easy to come up with new characters along the way. I made a family tree of my character, and of his best friend's family, though the ages and personalities are up for grabs still. The plot is vague, though the premise has been set in stone the whole time. That makes it very fun.

-------

2) What's your word count?

5084

-------

No way. I had opening weekend of a Community Theater show that weekend. I slept a LOT that night.

-------

My novel's idea came out of a writing exercise. The plot is still a mystery to me, but the premise is solidly from this one exercise i wrote.

-------

Surprisingly well. I'm sort of waiting for something bad to happen to mess me up!

-------

6) What can you improve on?

I constantly reread and edit. I need to stop that! Editing usually involves taking away words, not adding them! Though there are enough times that I make changes that end up adding 200 words of extra description, so I probably won't stop completely.

-------

No. I had a lot to keep me busy, though. I probably would have cheated if I wasn't so busy!

-------

From my Twitter friends last year.

-------

Official.

-------

Yes.

-------

My friend from a creative writing class is not officially doing NaNoWriMo, but we're encouraging each other to write this month.

-------

12) Who is your MC?

Alex Daily

-------

10 years old. male. floppy brown hair. Ack. I haven't even described him in my story yet!? Uh oh...

-------

He's adorable. We'd be pals if I didn't piss him off somehow.

-------

15) What genre is your story?

The age range is 9-12 years old.

-------

Of course!

-------

He's too young for that! Girls have cooties!

-------

It's modern day, in a made-up town called Cherrymont

-------

Alex Daily: Sometimes Superhero

-------

20) Should you be writing it right now?

OF COURSE! WTH AM I DOING ANSWERING ALL THESE QUESTIONS!?

-------

Just a teeny bit. It's horrible having ultimate control. When I introduce Alex's stepdad, I have to invent their whole history. Do they like each other? Hate each other? Why? How do they speak to each other? I have to make ALL these decisions! And one of them might be the wrong decision! It's stressful! But then I just go.

1: I have done a few pages of planning that I did two days before NaNo started.

2: Going up at the moment, but currently it's 6436.

3: Yes :) And I didn't go to sleep until I'd reached at least 1667 words. Well, it was 1910.

4: I really don't know - I was half asleep in bed.

5: I'm good at reaching my daily goal :) I like to go over so I have a little wiggle room when I lose inspiration.

6: Ermmm . . . the pace of my novel.

7: Nope xD I was SO tempted, it was crazy! But I didn't because otherwise I'd feel guilty, even if I didn't include that bit in my word count.

8: Erm, I think it was mentioned on here last year so I looked it up and now I'm doing it :)

9: Official --- makes it seem better haha.

10: Yes, I most certainly hope so. There's no reason why I wouldn't be able to.

11: If online people don't count, then I'm doing it alone. So far, nobody I know that I've spoken to has even heard of it.

12: Stephanie Jane Montgomery Pearce. Aka Steph.

13: 15 years old. Female. 5'3", 120lbs, slim but curvy, dark, loosely curly hair just below her shoulders that she often wears in a ponytail and she has murky eyes.

14: No, she's too down all the time and has lots of issues.

15: Realistic Fiction, Young adult.

16: Yes, I hope so though I'm a little hesitant about making it stretch for 50000 words.

17: Yes - Charlie Brian :)

18: 2010 in London, mainly around the Notting Hill area.

19: Yes it does. Well, for the moment anyway. You're not alone, Stephanie Pearce.

20: Yes... I am, but I'm stuck on a name :O

21: So far, no serious writer's block but I'm sure I will soon, and there will be plenty of plot holes, I'm sure. But remember; Nano is quantity not quality.

Yay! Happy questions! ; )

1. It's an idea that formulated long ago, but only the last few days before November have I been thinking about it.

2. 5113 words (if I remember correctly).

3. Not at all.

4. I don't think any one thing was inspiration. The main idea came from finding the word "lamia" in the dictionary and becoming curious.

5. I think I'm doing well. Three days and five thousand (so far today).

6. Making a little more time for it, maybe.

7. I wanted to, but resisted.

8. Through B&A.

9. Official.

10. I'm not having any trouble so far. I've got that target in my sights.

11. No one I know in real life; 19 users from B&A, though.

12. Her name is Annette, a young woman raised from a small child by a demoness of seduction.

13. Her exact age isn't given; she's female. She has red hair, a slender build, and flawless skin.

14. She's very gentle and mild. I think we'd be great friends.

15. It's fantasy.

16. Surprisingly high. Inspiration's coming every second!

17. She has crushes on several characters (male and female) throughout the story. However, most of them are not what she's looking for in a lover (or die).

18. It takes place in modern times, in realms of demons and monsters.

19. The title is "The Serpent's Embrace".

20. Maybe I should be... but B&A needed me.

21. Not yet! (Hoping that I don't get any!)

Awesome survey!

• Indi

1) I did no planning at all- that's the way i write. If i plan, the story just fails miserably. So usually i just write and the plot develops as i go along.

2) 60 words =O. YES, i know it's bad, but in my defence, my laptop stopped working so i wrote everything in a notebook, only i lost the blasted thing, so i've had to re-do what i can.

3) I wanted to stay awake, but i had a huge assignment to finish the next day

4) My inspiration is my friend Jess. I can rely on her for anything

5) At the moment, i'm doing nothing well. I'm failing miserably =(

6) I need to improve on actually WRITING the words instead of leaving them in my head or a notebook that i'm only going to lose

7) Haha, no i didn't cheat at all.

8) I actually found out about it through YA, and then a friend suggested i enter

9) There's a young writers version? Wow, i'm far behind. Well in that case, i'm doing the official version

10) No way will i be able to finish 50,000 words. I have my yr 11 exams in about two weeks, as well as several assignments and a Shakespeare monolgue to learn.

11) I wrote one story with the friend who introduced me- actually, we wrote 112, 284 words. (We may or may not have copied and pasted the same thing over and over and over and over and over...) so if you count that, then i'm writing with a buddy, but otherwise, no.

Now some Q's about your story itself.

12) My protagonist is named Harper Rose Patrick

13) Harper is about 16, turning 17 halfway through the novel, and looks a little like this, only with darker brown hair-

http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-photo-13407489-te...

14) I would definitely get along with Harper- we're both kinda insane- OH MY GOD, A PURPLE LLAMA!

15) Fiction

16) I would love for it to be published, but no rush

17) Harper does have a love interest as far as i know

18) It takes place in 2010/2011 in a small town called Charlie in Australia

19) At the moment, it is just known as "the blasted story"

20) Uh, yeah... writing is probably a good idea

21) Nope, no writers block =)

hehe, love your question :)

1. not a lot, I started 2 days before the first

2. 2,495

3. no, but pretty darn close, I couldn't sleep

4. uh... because you don't see a lot of elf books, I decided to write one

5. haha, my goal is to be at 6,000 tonight, thats 2,000 a day, so I need to write a lot to catch up

6. keeping up with my goal and actually wanting to write

7. nope :) to busy planning

8. from everyone talking about it on here, I actually wasn't going to do it

9. the official, although i could've done the young writer's one

10. maybe... if I ever catch up

11. yes, three people, and another one who moved to washington

12. Nadia Woodmist, an elf

13. 16, female, around 4 and a half feet, white hair and blue eyes, wears green and brown cloths for clothes

14. yup! we both love archery, are kind of shy, and care about our friends

15. Fantasy

16. yeah... I guess

17. Not exactly, but someone loves her

18. sometime and in the Mystical Realm, al around it actually

19. Yes, The Kepler Wars

20. haha yes, I haven't written anything today yet

21. OMG YES! and my beginning is moving away from my plot so I have to change it back!

• Joanne

Good god so many questions

1. I haven't done much planning just a simple plot and go with the flowwww

2.6500 around there?

3.Nope sleep is imperative to my wellbeing

4.Morals and spirituality

5.time management and word goal hehehe

6.My writing quality but hey, as long as I like to write that's all that matters

7.NOPE! Does it count in your head though?

8.HERE ON B&A

9.Official version

10.I hope to god yes

11.Alone =(

12.Aralyne Varia

13. 18 years old, female, waist length black hair, emerald eyes, lithe figure

14. Nope, too damn cruel (in the beginning AHA!)

15.Uhhh....

16. Not really you gotta start low

17.Nope, finding her own path first

18.Medieval period? Around there? In a land called illyase

19. No siree

20.haha yup...

21.I must say nope not at all so far, my creative juices are a flowing