Conventional Loan vs FHA Loan Appraisal?

Hi, I am purchasing a short-sale home, and I'm considering between an FHA mortgage or a conventional, but I have been warned that the FHA appraisals are way more strict. The short sale has a 30-day close policy, so time is of essence. There are a few things that I feel that appraiser may... show more Hi,

I am purchasing a short-sale home, and I'm considering between an FHA mortgage or a conventional, but I have been warned that the FHA appraisals are way more strict. The short sale has a 30-day close policy, so time is of essence.

There are a few things that I feel that appraiser may notice:
--Certain spots of the roof are near the end of their life and will need repaired soon
--The railing on the stairs to go up stairs is a little wobbly and needs a post placed in the center to add extra stability
--Same stability issue on some of the posts for the railing of the deck in the back yard.

Would any of these three things kill the FHA appraisal over a conventional appraisal?