Cancelling a person from a booking with Easyjet?

I have booked a return flight for four people with Easyjet but one person has since decided that he is not going.

Unfortunatly, I am now thinking I will have to pay the £60!! cancellation fee as I have to submit the passport details which I can't do without without the passport details from the person who is not going.

This person does not currently have a passport and now has no intention of applying for one before the flight date.

I presume Easyjet will just say that I will have to pay the cancellation fee but is there another way anyone can think of without paying this stupid charge.

Unfortunatly there is no one else who could come as I was thinking I could then charge the new person the name change boooking fee as payment for the flight.

Hope someone can help

• Pompal
    Favorite Answer

The cancellation charge of £60.00p only applies if you are cancelling a booking that you have made in the past 24 hours. EasyJet have a 24hr cancellation policy which enables you to get a refund of the majority of your costs less the cancellation fee.

http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Book/regulations.html#re...

For someone deciding that they don't wish to go there is no fee but nor is there a refund. In other words they just lose their money. So I hope you got his money before he told you he wasn't going!

As far as giving EasyJet your passport details (API) is concerned, you should be able to go to "manage bookings" and give the details of those still travelling. The only difference you may find is that, as there is one passenger in the group whose details are not given, online check-in won't be available. However, this is not a problem with EasyJet as those of you that are travelling can check in at the airport.

• Erika

Cancel Booking Easyjet