Wedding advice please help?

Me and my fiancé just recently got engaged and we're starting to plan our big day but it's proving to be more complicated than we thought. Like any girl I would love to have that big wedding with family and friends there to share it but I've come to accept it's not going to happen that way. The... show more Me and my fiancé just recently got engaged and we're starting to plan our big day but it's proving to be more complicated than we thought.

Like any girl I would love to have that big wedding with family and friends there to share it but I've come to accept it's not going to happen that way. The truth is I pretty much hate my entire family. We're in contact but I really dislike the majority of them and I'd feel like such a hypocrite to have my sisters as bridesmaids and my dad give me away etc and it seems such a waste to splash out on a fancy venue with dinner and all the trimmings for them when I'd rather spend that money on an amazing honeymoon for me and my fiance. (God knows we need it) And we've never had a proper holiday like that together yet.

So for me, getting married abroad would be an ideal way to get round it without getting grief from my family. But my fiance is really close to his family and he wants them there which i can totally understand. So what do I do?
There's no way I would have a wedding with just his family there and no one for me there cos it would really depress me and its already upsetting enough the way my family situation is. And I wouldnt enjoy it. Plus my family would really kick off if they knew his family had all been invited and they hadn't and despite how i feel about them I dont want the grief.

So I suggested that we could have a church ceremony but i didnt want any wedding party such as bridesmaids, groomsmen, my father giving me away etc. That way my family could come and be there but they wouldnt really be involved which would suit me fine and we could keep it small. The only problem here is what do we do about the reception. In a perfect world I'd have loved a sit down meal but some of my family members aren't talking to others. My parents cant even be in the same room as each other without starting a fight. And yes it's terribly selfish that they've put me in this position but there is no talking to them so im looking for an alternative solution to give me an easy life. Is there a way we could maybe skip the reception and just have a party so the people who weren't talking or whatever wouldnt have to see eachother? I just don't know how this would work. And too be honest im not even looking forward to the wedding. It upsets me that I can't have the big day I always dreamed of.