C asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 9 years ago

What is it about Californians?

I have always been fascinated with California.

The media has been documenting the problems in California. The deficit and near bankruptcy. Handing out 100k+ pensions to government workers. Yet, time and time again, they amaze the country and turn around and ignore reality and keep voting for more of the same. I guess it they want Gov. Moonbeam again that is their business to allow him to continue to spend and socialize the state. But how about having some pity on the rest of the country. Six more years of Boxer, or should I say Senator Boxer since she worked so hard for the title. Your choices, just don't ask the rest of the country to redistribute our wealth to bail you out.

• Becki
    Favorite Answer

The state is ruled by unions, particularly state workers unions. They work for a few years, then expect a pension equal to their salary for the rest of their lives. I know one man who is receiving three pensions for "public service" in three different govt jobs.

Most areas of the state are comprised of hard-working conservative taxpayers, but the state is run by the liberals in the Bay Area and Southern CA. Too many people want everything paid for by the taxpayers, so they don't have to work themselves. These are the voters who keep the liberals in power.

And don't forget the tremendous burden of the illegals which the state is forced to support. The grownup anchor babies who now vote keep the liberals in power. There have been hospitals near the border which have had to close due to bankruptcy, forcing taxpayers in that area to drive longer distances for emergencies.

You're right that they are ignoring reality. Sure hate to see Boxer re-elected. And Brown will again ruin the state.

And don't forget that they ran business out of the state due to excessive taxation.

Join the crowd, your in with Delaware, and Mass and Arizona for the dumbest voters in a state competition.

There's a reason California is called the state of fruits and nuts. No surprise to me how they voted.

answer what is it about Kentuckians.?