Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

How does Obama feel about his old Senate Seat falling into Republican hands?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

he's in serious denial it was clear from the first moments that it was going to be a dismal experience for all involved.

The President began by thanking Pelosi and Reid for their "extraordinary leadership" these past twenty-one months. On what planet does this man reside? With Obama's blessings, it was those two miscreants and their minions who just cost the Democrats their biggest loss since 1938 by willfully, and with mind-numbing arrogance, governing against the clearly expressed will of the people.

Then he talked about all the "listening" he has been doing! He may have listened to these "folks all across America" but then he ignored them and did exactly what he wanted to do: spend the country into oblivion, destroy the best health care system in the world, and take over so many aspects of the private sector that our heads are spinning still. He proved to all Americans that our tax dollars are NOT being spent wisely but irresponsibly. He has insured that our great grandchildren will be born into debt.

Look at the maps below of how Illinois counties voted for governor and senator, and how districts voted for representative. Illinois is one big red zone.

After clicking link use drop down menu - go to Illinois

http://news.yahoo.com/page/2010electionsdashboard

And those little blue counties (St. Clair and Alexander) in the southwest were barely blue: a total difference of 1,490 votes in the governor race and 486 in the senate race. (St. Clair County, western-most blue county: Governor: 39,021 D to 37,653 R. Senate: 38,377 D to 38,069 R. Alexander County, southwest blue county: Governor: 1,369 Dem to 1,247 GOP. Senate: 1,356 D to 1,178 R.)

The reason the whole state gets painted blue on national maps is because of that little spittle of blue in the northeast corner, namely Chicago. In Cook County (Chicago), Democrat Pat Quinn received 487,928 more votes than Republican Bill Brady for governor. Alexi Giannoulias received 443,934 more votes than Mark Kirk.

Frankly, these results are fairly shocking to me. Even the Illinois counties surrounding St. Louis, with the exception of St. Clair County (which includes East St. Louis), went Republican for governor and senator. Those are usually pretty blue counties. o_O

• 1 decade ago

History often repeats itself politically. This isn't the first time were a record number of seats in the House or Senate have changed. 1994 the same thing happened to Bill Clinton and to the best of my knowledge he didn't cry through the streets saying the end is near. Its a reflection of how the country feels at the moment. We gotta remember this country is one of the most bi-polar, flip-floppy nations in the world. We are never content with the direction one thing is going and at the right time and opportunity we change our minds where its deemed necessary. This is one of the biggest turn offs to the political process. Whats good for you isn't always good for the person standing next to you. It's going to be interesting, as well as entertaining to see the fall out from last night's elections.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He's probably laughing to himself, since Republicans have been saying all along that politics in that state, is CORRUPT!!!!!!!!! So now a republican holds the "corrupted" seat.

Seems fitting.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm sure he's not happy. What's your point?

Once again, the Obama bashers spend more time worrying about what the President thinks, feels, and does than his supporters do. You're obsessed.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I'm sure he's shocked since Democrats ALWAYS win here, they seem to be the best at buying elections.

• 1 decade ago

Illinois is just the tip of the scope in the colonoscopy he got last night!!!

• im thinking that he may get some good credit cause republicans will be in charge of what the hell will happen.

• 1 decade ago

perhaps he is thinking he would llike that job one day..lol he surely doesnt like it

• 1 decade ago

I am guessing he is having a smoke and a stiff drink!!

I am THRILLED!

• 1 decade ago

I'm sure he doesn't like it

Source(s): Me
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.