Helen
Helen asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 9 years ago

Did anyone save the link from 11/2/10 on the yahoo home page for cider pork chop recipe?

On 11/2/10 there was a cider pork chop recipe that i wanted to try for dinner. I forgot to save the link. Does anyone else have it or just the recipe it self?

Best Answer

While I cannot be sure , it may have been my recipe . Anyway here is mine , hope you like it .I will include another that I get asked for frequently .

Cider Pork

3/4 lb. pork tenderloins or bone in chops , thick cut

2 tbsp. flour

1 tsp. rosemary

2 tsp. olive oil

1 c. apple cider

1 med. golden delicious or rome apple cored and sliced

Trim fat from pork . Butterfly pork by cutting it nearly in half lengthwise and opening it like a book . Do not cut all the way through . Dip both sides of pork in flour and sprinkle with rosemary . Over med. high heat brown pork on both sides in oil , about 2 min. each side . Add cider and reduce heat to low and cover with a lid . Cook 10 min.

Remove pork to cutting board and add apple slices to the pan . Raise the heat to high and reduce the liquid by half . Carve pork and spoon sauce and apples over top .

Apple Pie Pork Chops

1 c. apple juice , cider or apple wine

1 tsp. lemon juice

1/2 c. b. sugar

1 - 2 tsp. cinnamon

1 tsp. ginger

1 tsp. garlic powder

1 tsp. nutmeg

Allow chops to marinade for at least 4 hrs. , overnight would be even better . Bake in 350F. oven for 30 - 40 min. depending on thickness with the marinade . The slow cooker can also be used for this recipe .