Question about TB test..?

1) I've just recently been tested for tuberculosis with the skin test. Most of the time, I'm ALWAYS positive when it comes to the skin test. Why is it that physicians continue to perform the skin test if I'm always positive? Am I supposed to inform them that I'd rather do the chest x-ray? From what... show more 1) I've just recently been tested for tuberculosis with the skin test. Most of the time, I'm ALWAYS positive when it comes to the skin test. Why is it that physicians continue to perform the skin test if I'm always positive? Am I supposed to inform them that I'd rather do the chest x-ray? From what I heard, they try to limit the use of x-rays due to radiation. Is this true?

2) When I go for the chest x-ray, are the results immediately given? or do I have to wait? I need the results soon.

3) If I have active TB in my lungs, are there any symptoms and do I kiss my health care career good bye? (treatments take too long)