Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsPhysics · 9 years ago

AP Physics Help? ELECTRIC CAR MODEL?

THE VEHICLE & THE RACE:

•Design and build a vehicle that

(a) is powered by an electric motor (provided by physics instructor, returned to instructor after the race) and

(b) travels the specified distance in a minimum time

DATE:

•Competition will take place during the week after the AP Physics Exam.

Exact date will be announced as the deadline approaches.

RULES:

•The ONLY source of energy is 150 grams (about 1/3 of a pound) of batteries. Any kind/combination of standard batteries are acceptable (for example: AA, AAA, AAAA, C, D, 9v, i.e. the kind you would buy at the grocery store). Industrial grade or speialty batteries are forbidden (if there is a doubt consult the physics instructor).

•The batteries must be easy to remove so that they can be weighed.

•The batteries and motor must be rigidly attached to the car, and must travel with it. The car must consist of one piece which travels as a unit. No detached or tethered objects, devices, or parts may be used.

•If you are in doubt as to whether

So.............

I was thinking if anyone could tell me some things to stay in the parameters of this race.

Are there batteries from different brands that are better?

-Is there anyone to make my RC have faster acceleration like smoothening out all the moving parts?

--Should I mount the weight in the front, rear, middle, or spread it out around?

---Should I get slick tires? Or treaded tires?

----Should I make it 4wd? How would I make it 4wd?

• Favorite Answer

Thunderland is right ,,,!!!

-Doesn't really matter

--keep weight low and near power application(drive wheels)

---depends on surface, flat and smooth=slick dirt or rough=Treads

----4wd will get more grip, a dual belt system with 2 drive gears on drive shaft. one powering front and one powering back.

-Doesn't really matter