Why can't I change my avatar?

One day Yahoo Answers randomly changed my avatar from the pic i've always had to this exclamation point. I went to change it back, but my old pic was already chosen on it! I clicked change again, but it wont show up. I tried uploading new pictures and choosing them as my icon, but the exclamation point won't go away even though the other pix are chosen/highlighted! Why is this? I hate this icon, my questions get less answers cuz it blends in

Update:

I do save the changes and everytime I go back to "change icon" the pic I want is always highlighted/chosen but it's still not the one that shows up

Update 2:

Yea hope Yahoo changes their site! but hey I got it to work! Its becuase of privacy settings, guess if your profile is too hidden you can only be an exclamation point, which is BS!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It's because your Yahoo Pulse page is set to Private. This happened to me, as soon as I changed the settings my avatar changed to that exclamation mark and wouldn't change to anything else.

You can still hide your posts while in public mode, just click the little gear/cog icon above your profile wall and change them there.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Grinch
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Plenty of 'avatar issues' have been popping up over the last several days. Some of us think it's because the 'Pulse' profile site is being worked on.

I'd advise you to just be patient for now. Y!A has some scheduled maintenance planned for later tonight, during which time the site will be down altogether. Usually a total shutdown means MAJOR work on the site, so my guess is that the avatar problems will be addressed at this time.

• 9 years ago

Make sure you press save changes. Because thats probably why. :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.