Why can't I change my avatar?

One day Yahoo Answers randomly changed my avatar from the pic i've always had to this exclamation point. I went to change it back, but my old pic was already chosen on it! I clicked change again, but it wont show up. I tried uploading new pictures and choosing them as my icon, but the exclamation point... show more One day Yahoo Answers randomly changed my avatar from the pic i've always had to this exclamation point. I went to change it back, but my old pic was already chosen on it! I clicked change again, but it wont show up. I tried uploading new pictures and choosing them as my icon, but the exclamation point won't go away even though the other pix are chosen/highlighted! Why is this? I hate this icon, my questions get less answers cuz it blends in
Update: I do save the changes and everytime I go back to "change icon" the pic I want is always highlighted/chosen but it's still not the one that shows up
Update 2: Yea hope Yahoo changes their site! but hey I got it to work! Its becuase of privacy settings, guess if your profile is too hidden you can only be an exclamation point, which is BS!