? asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 9 years ago

GARDASIL HELP!!!!!!!!!!!?

tomorrow my mom is making me get this shot.

i am under 18, and NOT sexually active.

i have heared very scary side effects from this vacination..are these true?

and..WHERE ON THE BODY DO YOU GET THE SHOT? arm..leg..?

do you think i need this shot now?

Favorite Answer

You get the shot in the arm. You get I think three shots, one every three or four months. It hurts like a ***** from what I hear. Here's some info on it from the wiki page. The FDA recommends getting the shot before sexual activity; it's made for girls your age.

"An update on adverse events was published by JAMA and looked at data from the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), covering 12,424 reported adverse events after about 23 million doses of vaccine between June 2006 and December 2008.[38] Most adverse effects were minor and not greater than background rates compared with other vaccines, the exception being higher rates for syncope and venous thromboembolic events.[38] Venous thromboembolic events were noted in 56 reports at a rate of 0.2 cases per 100,000 doses distributed and included 19 cases of pulmonary embolism, 4 of which were fatal.[38] Overall, 772 events (6.2% of the total number of adverse events, but only 0.003% of the total number of doses) were described as serious and included 32 deaths (1 per 1,000,000 doses).[38]"

My daughter has been suffering for three years from the adverse reactions she had from gardasil. She has over 15 migraines a month She developed peripheral neuropathy in both of her feet. She has had TIA's. (mini strokes) bouts of paralysis. She also has lost peripheral vision in her left eye. however she has not lost her life like many others. Visit sanevax.com for more information on adverse reactions. Many girls and boys are also suffering seizures. I hope your mother researches gardasil before she forces this unnecessary vaccine on you.

Source(s): truthaboutgardasil.org sanevax.com vaers data base search

Oh, come on, put on your big girl panties and get the shot. Don't behave that way and be an embarrassment to your gender.

My 12 year old daughter got it, soon they will be giving it to boys that age also.

No particular side effects, they gave it in her arm, like most other vaccines.

a lot of my friends have had this shot and so have I and none of us have had side effects. even if your sexually active or not shouldn't matter. you get it in your arm(: hope i helped a little.