? asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 9 years ago

is this essay okay for how to kill a mocking bird?

To Kill a Mockingbird

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee is a successful novel that has been read by many students worldwide.

The novel is written in third person limited point of view. Jean Marie Finch is the narrator of the novel, but she's commonly called Scout.

Scout is a young girl who at the beginning of the story, explains how she had her arm broken by her brother, Jem. Before I continue

giving the summary of the book, it is important to know the irony of what happened many years before the story takes place and how

it ends up relating to the story.

Simon Finch is one of Scouts ancesters. He left England because he did not want to be tortured because of his religious beliefs and

values, which had brought him to Alabama. He made a farm, "Finch's Landing" in the Alabama banks which did quite well. Atticus Finch,

Scouts father, was a lawyer in Maycomb, Alabama. Alexandra Finch, his sister help manage the farm and evenutally give a feminine influence

on his children, and Jack Finch, his brother, was in school in Boston for medical training. Atticus, Jem and Scout all live together, with a stern

maid and mother-like figure, Calpurnia. They are doing quite well financially considering the fact that at this time the Great Depression was going on,

which was the era of the 1930s.

Scout and Jem Finch are growing up in boring old town of Maycomb, along the way Atticus as a single father raises his kids the best way

he knows how. During the summer time Jem, Scout and a close friend Dill Harris all try to get Boo Radley out of his house. Boo Radley is

legendary and known for always staying in his house and never going out. Scout had always dreamed of getting to know Boo Radley better.

Atticus is against them interacting with Boo Radley and is sympathetic to him.

One day a black man named Tom Robinson, is accused of raping a white woman, Mayella Ewell. Bob Ewell, the father of

Mayella and a low life alcoholic from the poorest family in town wrongfully accuses Tom Robinson as the man who raped Mayella because Tom is black.

In this novel Bob represents hate, evil, racism, and ignorance.

Most of the community is convinced as soon as the news as spread that Tom is guilty mainly on the fact that his skin color is black. This situation is an

example of racism. People see Atticus negatively in town because he is actually defending Tom, unlike everybody else. No one can seethat Atticus has

good intentions. As a result of Atticus' actions, Jem and Scout have to suffer consequences.At school they are bullied and called a ****** lover

because of their fathers' actions. At school, use of the word "******" is very popular. Atticus had promised Scout he would "wear her out" if he ever

heard of her fighting, because "she was far too old and too big for childish things". It is obvious that Atticus strongly believes in peace keeping

and being the bigger person in situations.

NOT FINISHED YET.

please help, i need this mark desparately.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

I'd say so far it's going very well

• 3 years ago

So "To Kill a Mocking chicken" is seen ninth grade? I checked it out of the library on my own and examine it in 5th grade. Then I examine it lower back while it became into assigned to me in Junior severe. Its an uncomplicated e book, purely get off the laptop and examine it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.