Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in TravelEurope (Continental)Turkey · 1 decade ago

Is Tarkan's new album arabesk?

I bought Tarkan's new album "Adimi Kalbine Yaz" and my mom said it's arabesk. I said no, it's pop. She than said it's pop arabesk. Is that true? I think it's pop.

• iamx
    Favorite Answer

I didn't listen any of Tarkan's albums from beginning to end, but i know the hit songs from radios, tv, etc. That's his style. He is singing pop songs but makes alaturca vocals and sometimes adds arabesque elements to songs. But it is still pop in the end.

It was originally released on 7/4/2006, I've only heard a couple of the songs on it and the ones I heard sounded pop.