Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Spiritually wondering, if you could have an all access pass to any event (past or future), which would it be..?

.. and why?

Favorite Answer

The Big Bang...

so I could blow the competition outta the argument.

• ?

In 1964 John Lennon and Paul McCartney were at a restaurant with Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, and Mick and Keith, (Rolling Stones) asked John and Paul how they wrote their songs. John and Paul wrote the hit song "We Can Work it Out" on a napkin. Paul wrote the opening sequence, "try to see it my way, do I have to keep on talking 'til I can't go on?" John worte the "middle eight" sequence, "Life is very short, and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend"...

both of these sequences reflected the personality of the guy that wrote it. After this dinner with Paul and John, Keith and Mick started writing their own songs together for the Rolling Stones, and some of the songs they wrote together were HUGE hits. Of course, we all know what a great songwriting team Lennon and McCartney was, and how great the Beatles were, and if I could watch one event in history, it'd be when Paul and John taught Keith and Mick how to write songs.

I want access to an event in the future: my wedding with Tim Tebow. I can't wait until that day. I know it's happening *tries to have a positive attitude and stuff*

When Richard Burton first met Elizabeth Taylor. Except I'd only be interested if I got to *be* Richard Burton at the event.

Those gluttonous feasts the Romans had back in the day. Oh the glory! Any culture that could invent the vomitorium has got to be doing something right.

The Big Bang - or more specifically the events leading up to it. I'd like to test my hypothesis that the universe simply changed state rather than beginning from scratch. (assuming some kind of temporal linearity and having senses that can actually detect high energy particles...)

I'd jump into the future and get the lottery numbers. Maybe solve my financial problems. Ok, seriously: It might be constructive to go back to World War 1, disguise yourself as a British soldier, and shoot a certain German message runner, Adolph Hitler, and save the world a lot of pain. You could "legally" shoot him, because he'd be an enemy soldier. Fun question! Thanks!

It'd be nice to see something like the conception of jesus, but what'd be the point? I mean, even if I took a video of it, who would be convinced? They'd say, "How do you know that that's mary?" "How do we know that you didn't make that video yourself?" And they'd be RIGHT to say that. There are so few records of that time that there would be no way to authenticate anything. It'd be a waste.

A Zepplin concert I saw in Denver in 69.

The series of events leading to the invention of the wheel.

• The German Men's locker room - before a World Cup match.