When passing a kidney stone is it common to find blood when wiping?

I went to the ER Sunday before last because I was in excruciating pain (so bad I was throwing up from the pain) They diagnosed me w/ a 3mm kidney stone that was blocking my ureter. Gave me some meds and told me to see my urologist. He is busy and don't have an appointment for awhile, but I was curious if it is... show more I went to the ER Sunday before last because I was in excruciating pain (so bad I was throwing up from the pain) They diagnosed me w/ a 3mm kidney stone that was blocking my ureter. Gave me some meds and told me to see my urologist.
He is busy and don't have an appointment for awhile, but I was curious if it is normal after urinating to wipe blood.. not a lot or anything, but does this mean the stone is about to pass?

I have had lithotripsy years ago, but those pieces I passed were all broken up and I could feel them pass. I'm not even sure how big 3mm is (yeah that doesn't sound too smart, but I don't do metric)

Thanks in Advance!!

Cinn =)
Update: haha! Thanks ER and yes easy for you to say. It was blocking the ureter and I know the tube it has to travel down is only the size of a pencil lead. Is that 3mm? It's been awhile now and thought it would have passed grrr. Thumbs up to you!
Update 2: (((Bill))) thanks for the 3mm size and always a pleasure to see you as well. Rscott.. yes my 2nd child was natural child birth, not by choice but they induced labor and told me too late for an epidural and I said nooo it's not, but they didnt listen. I was in a crap load of pain last sunday from the stone... show more (((Bill))) thanks for the 3mm size and always a pleasure to see you as well.
Rscott.. yes my 2nd child was natural child birth, not by choice but they induced labor and told me too late for an epidural and I said nooo it's not, but they didnt listen.
I was in a crap load of pain last sunday from the stone blocking the ureter. I mean doubled over and throwing up.
I hope this thing comes out soon.
Thanks Cash... I'll get some kidney beans. I read a natural remedy of 1/3 cup olive oil and 1/3 cup lemon juice mixed together. I did it twice last week and again this morning.
Thanks and thumbs up to all that answered.
I feel sick to my tummy!