What would be a good idea for a product/service to sell at a college for a Marketing project?

In my marketing class we have a week to sell a product/service in our college and proceeds go to the local food bank. It needs to be something simple to create/market and cheap to do as we have a small budget. Any creative ideas? cannot involve food, alcohol or gambling. Please help, my group has none, we are so screwed for this.

Favorite Answer

Books, buy and sell books. Pretty much is the best business you could have running at a close location of school. Get the international versions, buy them cheap from students and be ready to make money.

Hi i work at Kzoomarketing.com or AB Small Business Marketing and the best idea from our experience is making a google app for android phones or going around to your local businesses and asking if they would be willing to put a promotional coupon for college student and contribute $20 for printing the book, then selling the book for $1 each to students and letting everyone know the proceeds go to charity. 90% of business who market to the college crowd should sat yes, we do it all the time to raise money for local charities.

Source(s): kzoomarketing.com

Not commercial enough. Think of something that would get a broader niche market. I make nice money selling cat toys. I've seen others make dog items, or bracelets that sell farily quickly. You need something low cost to make, and which has a market for the area you're in.

How about a Ring Tone made from your school fight song? You would need

permission, but it probably wouldn't cost anything, given the nature of your project. Easy to sell ... Would require no education of your market ... No mfg costs ... Production would be minimal ... Marketing would be your major expense, and that's the fun part.