Is it okay to put perfume/cologne/fragrance on my prayer mat, so that when I do sujood and pray it smells good?

Or should I be content with Please Allah Ta'ala?

I read once their was this guy who used to pray/zikr and then he decided to then do it outside bcuz he liked the sound of the birds, Ta'ala then lowered his rank bcuz he mixed the sweetness of worship with another pleasure, I.E listening to the birds. So thats why I ask.

Salam

@Maryam: Im Muslim and born Muslim, lol. Why shouldn't I do it?

Salam

@Maryam: the mosque doesnt do it, doesnt make it haram.

Best Answer

Awesome! Wash it with some Gain Apple Mango Tango detergent and it will smell so yummy.

Allah loves cleanliness so I don't see why not.

And it's totally cool to pray outside in nature I once prayed in a forest.

• Lina

we never do such an action but we do use perfume/cologne etc for our bodies and have nice smelling clothes.

@asker why? because we are told to use perfume ie musk it means on the body and clothes. It is a simple instruction and very easy to follow.

The mosque don't ever put perfume on the prayer mats.

i hope this helps. lol

How authentic was what you read?

Sounds like a great idea to me and besides musk was one of the very few things that were beautified in the sight of Rasullullah (saw) from the Dunya

Walykumasalam wa Rahmatullah

Interesting question, I wanted to ask the same thing.

Salam.

well if you pray and when you go sown, the smell will affect your concentration