rusty
Lv 7
rusty asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Obama likes to compare himself to Lincoln , can anyone guess why he hasn't used this famous Lincoln quote?

Instead of his stupid car wreck analogies .

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.

You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.

You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.

You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.

You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence.

You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves.

......Abraham Lincoln

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

It figures Obama would know nothing about another great President, Thomas Jefferson.

John F. Kennedy held a dinner in the white House for a group of the brightest minds in the nation at that time. He made this statement - "This is perhaps the assembly of the most intelligence ever to gather at one time in the White House with the exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone."

When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe. Thomas Jefferson

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world. Thomas Jefferson

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. Thomas Jefferson

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. Thomas Jefferson

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson (my personal favorite)

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson said in 1802:

“I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive

the people of all property - until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.”

• Will
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

That's because this is not a Lincoln quote. It was made by William J H Boeteker and falsely attributed to Lincoln. You certainly went to great lengths to find this hate. Is Fox not on the air for your talking points or did you get this from one of your Fox messiahs?

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I don't care to have this debate with someone who picks and chooses (out of context) what "Lincoln" said (Lincoln didn't say those it was William J. H. Boetcker ) instead of looking at everything he ACTUALLY WROTE OR SAID during his presidency.

That would be pointless, I cannot educate people who do not wish to be educated.

Besides, I have only ever heard Obama say that they were both from the same state...please elaborate.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

obamadinejhad likes the part about Abraham Stinkin being a usurper of the US Constitution

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

What he admires about Lincoln,was Lincoln's willingness to murder 500,000 people in order to create an all powerful federal govt ready,willing and able to stomp on the individual liberty of average American Citizens.

RWE

• 9 years ago

There's a famous cartoon that showed Lincoln freed Blacks and Obama shackled them.

• 9 years ago

He's a statist, Lincoln was a statist seem similar enough for me.

• 9 years ago

"You sir, are no Abraham Lincoln, but a washed-up pompous windbag".

-Me to the delusional B. Obama

• 9 years ago

Because his beliefs are the exact opposite.

Source(s): Clear enough?
  • 9 years ago

Because Obama cannot understand these concepts.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.