Why did this guy tell me he loved me?

I started dating a guy about a week ago, and the second day he told me he loved me and that he thinks what is going on between us is a good thing. He was so sweet calling me beautiful and sweetie and said he couldn't stand being away from me. However he would only show up late at night to hang out with me and would claim he wanted to wait on the sex but we still ended up having it. Some nights it was just him massaging my back or feet and just holding me. When the first weekend rolled around, he made plans to hang out with me Friday came over for about an hour and left to go meet his friends at the bar (I was babysitting so I couldn’t go) well he went and got back around 2am to come to bed with me....the next day (Halloween) I asked what he was doing and he said he was going to the bar if it was ok with me...I told him he was a grown man I can't tell him what he can or can't do. I did tell him I was hoping he would invite me out since I had no plans, and he never took me out really since we started dating. So I ended up going out with him, I had a few drinks danced with him..He really didn’t drink, had one beer….I thought we had a good time...next day we had made plans to go to church together and these plans were made a week prior. Well he never called or came to pick me up never answered my calls or texts, pretty much blew me off..I haven’t talked to him since….. I was tired from staying up with him all week and a little buzzed so I fell asleep on the ride home but I really don't know what I did wrong….did he think I was this good girl that never partied, even thought it was ok for him to go out? I kind of feel like he wanted a door mat to come home to after he was done partying, he didn't want me involved in his social life...what was this guys intentions? Why would someone say they loved you, even talk about a possible future with you and then totally blow you off like it was never exclusive in the first place….he really hurt me, I shouldn’t have let him suck me in by telling me he loved me on the second day……was this guy just trying to get something out of me and then move on? Love is a strong word…shouldn’t be used lightly.

Favorite Answer

He's a married man. he's cheating on his wife with you. dump his stupid butt and find a real man! you don't deserve this crap!

• Diane

Just tell the truth. Be like yeah I love you to but only as a friend and that is all I want to be right now becuz I don't feel the same way about you but I still want to be friends. If he doesn't understand then he didn't really love you and don't worry about him. If he understand then just go on being friends. Never tell a person you love them if you don't mean it. It hurts feelings and breaks heart and if you love them as a friend be like love you as a friend. Okay? Glad I could help!!!

• Akash

I think he's most probably cheating on you and that's why he's really not taken you out. Any other guy would have taken you out the very next day.

because he loves me instead :P