Is Derrick Fisher Hall of Fame worthy?

stats dont tell the whole story and fisher has had many great clutch moments

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

Dont think so.He's hit a ton of big shots,but I dont think he has the talent or stats to make it to the HoF.

However,maybe he will have his number retired by the Lakers.

• 9 years ago

NO, he has played on some good championship teams, but doesn't have the stats to go into the HofF! Stats do tell the story to get into the Hall of Fame, second tier players just don't make the cut! Though he has made some tremendous shots in the playoffs, he only averages 9 pts a game in the regular season and 8.9 pts a game in the playoffs, the lack of overall scoring won't get him to the Hall! I would gladly have him on my team but he ranks right their with Scott Paxson and Steve Kerr of the Bulls, Dennis Johnson & Danny Ainge of the Celtics as 3rd and 4th options for a shot! Great spot players, just not Hall of Fame players!

• 9 years ago

Unless he single handedly prevents the upcoming lockout and provides a great plan for both GMs and players, no way he can. Clutch moments mean squat for the Hall of Fame if you are just an average player who has never had all star talent. The Hall of Fame is dedicated to the greatest players and/or the people who have affected the game of basketball positively.

• 9 years ago

In my opinion, yes. The Hall of Fame should remember great moments, as well as great players. Fisher has more great playoff moments than most of the players currently in the Hall.

But, if Rodman is having trouble getting in, Fisher has no chance.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

nope. stats may not be the whole story but that's all that matters to get in the hall of fame

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/hof_pr... - 3%

• I don't think so I do think number 2 should be up in the Staples Center rafters

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

He is better thank Kobe so yes. First Ballot over Kobe!

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Yes.

• 9 years ago

no just because you are clutch in thee playoffs doesnt mean your in the HOF...aka robert horry

• not even close im sorry.. but not enough talent.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.