What do they mean by "ethnic origin"?

Hi, I have to fill in an application form and, as always, I don't know how to describe my ethnic origin. Do they refer to the candidates' genes or cultural background? I was born and raised in the EU and still have the nationality from over there. Now I live in the UK. However, I totally reject my... show more Hi,

I have to fill in an application form and, as always, I don't know how to describe my ethnic origin. Do they refer to the candidates' genes or cultural background?

I was born and raised in the EU and still have the nationality from over there. Now I live in the UK. However, I totally reject my first country and hate anything that connects me to it. I don't feel interested in whatever happens there. I only hear the news when British people mention them to me, seeking my opinion. And I don't care. I don't miss anything from my former country and hate it when I have to go back there to visit my parents.

On the opposite, I feel part of my new country and feel at home here. I married a British person and live like everyone here. Even though I don't have British nationality, culturally, I feel British.

So, what do I need to write on the form? White British or Other White?

Thanks.