Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What are my odds of getting into Brooklyn Law with a 155 LSAT score and a 3.3 GPA?

I just got my lsat score and got a 155...not quite as well as I had hoped to do. My current GPA is around a 3.3 and I was wondering what my odds were at getting into Brooklyn Law. Should I retake my lsat in hopes of getting a better score and getting in? Or should I just stick with what I've got?

Thanks for your help!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • rs77
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well . . . as far as Brooklyn Law goes, I'd say your chances are nil. In fact, it would appear that your chances at any top 100 school are very low (there are some exceptions). You can go to lawschoolpredictor.com and put your numbers in to see for yourself. If you like the looks of any of the schools you seem well suited for, then apply and be happy. However, in all honesty, you probably need to retake the LSAT (and study REALLY HARD for it) or choose another career.

Here's hoping for the best,

• Mike
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Unfortunately you will not get into it unless you have some super super special factor. That LSAT is horrendous. Most guys at my college get 160+ without studying and with studying some reach 170-180. You are barely above the national average which is never a good thing. GPA is also very low as most law students have ridiculous GPAs. Almost all pre-law guys at my university who are still pre-law have 3.9+. Your best bet is to retake and get 170+ although it's no easy task

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.