what should I do when I leave home p.s I want to become a policeman?

i mean should i go to university or should i go straight into training to get some money coming in instead of spending thousands on uni

im from england

Best Answer

It all depends on what the requirements are there to become a police officer. I'm in Maryland, and the programs for city police, county deputies, and state troopers are all different schools. I researched going into Baltimore City Police department. By the time you graduate from their basic training, you are a few credits away from an associate's degree, with the option to stay in the training and finish it. They also reimburse some of your college tuition if you go part time. As with any job, the more education you have, the higher up the chain you're going to make it. Whether you get a degree first or get your foot in the door and take college later, you will be successful if you want it bad enough.

It is unlikely you will be accepted and sent for training with out a 2-3 year College degree .

No, most policemans are rednecks who just make people miserable by giving them tickets for no reason, why would you wan't to ruin anyone's day by handing out tickets.

Go to university and get a real degree, be educated, have some class, and then you'll make good money and have a good lifestyle. Plus cops don't make much money anyways and have no prestige, they just think they have power, but not the presitigous, edcuated kind of power.

dont be a cop. nobody will like you and your job will be ruining peoples day with tickets and arresting them for stupid reasons. they dont get payed much either.