How come Americans are not taught the truth about Ford, Standard Oil, and Prohibition?

maybe i missed that day in class, but i dont ever remember being taught the truth about Ford, Standard Oil, and Prohibition. i have a bachelors of science, so maybe it is covered in college courses that i didnt take.. or is supposed to be a secret? the facts: when Henry Ford invented the automobile, he invented... show more maybe i missed that day in class, but i dont ever remember being taught the truth about Ford, Standard Oil, and Prohibition. i have a bachelors of science, so maybe it is covered in college courses that i didnt take.. or is supposed to be a secret?

the facts:
when Henry Ford invented the automobile, he invented it to run on Ethanol, not Gasoline. after his new invention was shown to be a success, Rockefeller, the owner of Standard Oil (which is not Exxon Mobil) realized that the Diesel engine could run on Gasoline, as long as Ethanol doesn't get too popular.. Rockefeller then used his connections in Congress to get Prohibition passed.. which outlawed the components that were being used to make Ethanol for Ford's automobiles. For 11 years of Prohibition, Henry Ford continued to produce automobiles that ran on Ethanol.. this was starting to cause Ford to lose money because of Prohibition, so he finally gave up and began produces Gasoline-ready automobiles. One year later, Prohibition was lifted... Standard Oil began making huge profits from the sell of gasoline and basically had a monopoly in America on the industry. Then, the US Government FORCED Standard Oil to break up into two companies.. Exxon and Mobil. Just recently, Exxon and Mobil's lobbyists were able to "shell" out enough money to convince Congress to allow them to rejoin, and they are now known as Exxon Mobil.
Update: this is not a promotion for Ethanol.. we know now that it is not the best sollution, but there are plenty of Biofuels that can be created from all kinds of different things, like algae that can be mass-produced in labs.. of course, i guess thats "all lies" too LOL
Update 2: wow, the people here REALLY are slow.. no wonder its 80% Conservatives!!
16 answers 16