Is it better not to rest like nap?

When I am studying in my room, I get tired easily. when I get tired I do little nap. I just wanted to sleep for 10 minuets but I sleep for 1 to 3 hours. I wasted 3 hours on studying, and I wasted my day. I could have watched TV. To make stamina, I should do my best to study even I get tired?

Favorite Answer

napping for around 20 minutes are likely to improve your work performance. i recommend a good alarm to wake you up and get you studying again. to study even when you're tired will only exhaust you and the quality of your studying won't be so good.

. Napping only makes you more tired

Fact: Some people swear that quick naps make them sleepier, but a snooze that's less than 20 minutes should perk most of us up.

"Just 10 to 20 minutes is all you need to get the benefits of napping, such as alertness, improved performance, and better mood," says Kimberly A. Cote, PhD, a sleep researcher at Brock University in Ontario. Here's why: During sleep, your brain produces different kinds of waves, which correspond to how deeply you sleep. After about 20 minutes, the sleeping brain may move into what's called slow-wave sleep, which is the deepest phase of sleep. If you nap too long, you may feel groggy and disoriented upon awakening instead of refreshed because long naps are more likely to contain deep slow-wave sleep.

When you nap also matters. "A power nap should be early in the day so it doesn't interfere with your ability to fall asleep at bedtime," says David Neubauer, MD, associate director of the Johns Hopkins Sleep Disorders Center. Most people's inner body clocks trigger drowsiness somewhere between 1 and 4 PM.

Energy fix: To make naps a daily ritual, doze off faster by using something you associate with sleep (a favorite pillow or lavender eye mask). Also, nap in a comfortable chair or couch instead of your bed to avoid the temptation to doze for too long, so you don't wake up with a sleep hangover.

take a 30 minute walk everyday drink plenty of water!