I'm getting insecure over past hearbreak. How can i stop feeling so biter, resentful, and jaded?

I'll be 24 real soon and for most my life, i've been content being single. It wasn't always easy and of course, there were lonely times but there was always that faith that someone will come eventually...i just need to enjoy me, my loved ones and relax... whether he comes tomorrow or in the next 6 yrs,... show more I'll be 24 real soon and for most my life, i've been content being single. It wasn't always easy and of course, there were lonely times but there was always that faith that someone will come eventually...i just need to enjoy me, my loved ones and relax... whether he comes tomorrow or in the next 6 yrs, he'll just come.

I got out of a short lived relationship earlier this year and the break up made me lose myself for a bit. (he was serious about me and lead me on thinking he was ready but he really wasn't...just decided he didn't want it anymore). I was always one who had a good hold of who I am but for once, i was insecure and lost. Time healed, i made myself better, had a vacation w. my family and it was one of those great soul searching experiences. I realized no matter how much i thought i knew what i wanted, i didn't have the confidence to carry what I knew....i settled. Coming back from that vacation, I realized how right now is the time to have fun and just meet people..dating. I've been told the real reason my ex broke up w. me was bc he was insecure, didn't feel like a "man" bc i was a "better peson" than him and I didn't need him the way he thought I should. He expected me to get him to by me makeup (which I don't), he got insecure when we would go out bc guys would check me out (though I would be oblivious to it), was "cheap" and couldn't buy me a drink so i would buy it myself...now he's going for someone very young...and i'm gonna be vulnerable and admit this but i'm kind of jealous he found someone before I did. I thought he was the one who lost in this situation...i deserve someone better than him yet he was able to find his "special someone" whereas I got dumped by an indecisive loser and found someone he's happy with. Sorry to sound biter. If he's happy then i'm happy for him but it jist sucks....

Also, this guy at my work (worked there for 6 months) has had a crush on me since i started and i was seeing him. He was genuinely interested - what he said, body language, just everything a guy did when he really cared for a girl. After our first date, he changed, became cocky...his changed his ways. Stopped calling, texting (only responded if I texted)....but i KNEW he still was interested bc there were things he did (such as body language) that doesn't lie. I don't know if he was being manipulative, played hard to get, or tried to "teach me a lesson". It was too much for me so i had to let it go. It hurt me that he would be so jaded and do something like that to me. Why did this 21 y/o kid ask me out on a date only to play games w me? This shouldn't affect me bc I need someone who deserves me, right? II'.m near my mid 20's, good career/head on my shoulders, have a good idea or who I am/what i want...and she's just starting life beyond high school...I know I deserve better but the ego still stings a bit... maybe i need to surround myself w. people who have graduated w. careers too? (Rather than people who haven't gone to college...and have grown up in a different environment.) I'm worried bc i'm normally the easygoing, happy and confident girl and now bc of what's happened.. I have guy friends/aquiantances/co-workers even tell me how i'm such a "pretty girl who can get any guy she wants" and I'm worrying over nothing and how my exes/those guys were all "idiotic little boys"...That's sweet but I can't depend on people's good words...How can I feel better about all this?