If a white person has 3% black blood does that automatically makes them black?

Let's say they're as white as Mick Jagger, but their great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandmother or grandfather was a black person from Ghana. Since some people today still go by the silly one drop rule, does that technically make that person black?

Let me re-phrase that. Instead of saying black blood let me say black ancestry. LOL.

Favorite Answer

According to the Aryan Groups, White Supremacist groups, "you are not pure."

Very stupid.

No, it's based on what you look like.

I mean, when a Black and White person mix, the way the child will look is based on chance. It could come out a variety of ways, from dark to medium to light. There's a high likelihood that it will come out darker, because dark is dominant over light when it comes to skin color.

I've known people who were half-Japanese, half-White and looked White.

So it's not about what you are, it's what you look like. If people can't really tell just by looking at you, then you wouldn't know, now would you? I mean how can you be sure you don't have an Asian great-great grandfather either?

But if you know that you have a certain ethnicity, then it's good to mention it. I've met many Blonde girls who know they have some Native American blood in them, even though they look completely White.

• P.Y.T

No, although if their blood was being tested by an aryan purist who knows...

And legally, depending on state, if you had 1/8-1/4 of african ancestry you could be registered as white, when the 1 drop rule applied- it did not literally mean one drop of black blood.

3% is roughly 1/32 black. Unless the person acts or looks black, then that is no longer a part of the person, but a trace impurity in the white.

No that makes them a white person with 3% black blood. You know this race s h i t is getting out of hand when people are measuring their blood ethnicity to precise percentages.

• JayJay

It makes them a little black but to identify them overall you'd just say white.

WHOOP GHANA. Ahhh Motherland.

It would make them black(race-wise) not fully black but partially. However it would not always make them black(appearance-wise). Yes I have seen half black(race) people with white skin and have seen white(race) people with dark skin. It's all about genetics and genetics can pass through generations without fully going away.

Source(s): Genetics are very interesting lol :)

No

I doubt anyone would would think otherwise

Yes. Regardless of how many generations have passed, they still have black in them.