When did people stop wearing normal socks?

Ok, I just recently noticed that everbody is wearing ankle high socks but me. I am wearing my normal hanes socks that i can stretch up to my calf. Just me or has everyone changed to ankle high socks?

• victor
    Favorite Answer

Long Hanes socks are dorky, if you're going to wear socks that go up to your calves wear Active socks or Vans brand socks or even Under Armor brand and with shorts, other than that just wear ankle socks

Oh and this is assuming that you're a guy.

If you're a girl then just wear anke socks when you wear sneakers and sometimes if you're wearing shorts it looks cute to wear guy's Active socks

Hope this helps!

I actually started wearing ankle socks like 6 years ago....

But just remember that fashion is like a wheel. It's here one moment, then a different fashion, then a different one, and then the first one is back again.

I prefer the longer socks, don't like ankle ones :P Maybe everyone is just wearing them by coincidence lol

Not for fashion but because high socks are too hot in summer, plus they cover the legs which makes no sense when in shorts.

lol i wear any socks and my high socks in gym with my shorts :P , haha were both above the influence

uh, been like that for a whilee.

"no shows" are the best

http://www.journeys.com/images/products/1_101546_F...

but for guys and some girls(who wear them with sperrys) these socks are in, and they're tall

http://images.nike.com/is/image/DotCom/PDP_P/Nike-...

personally i find them ugly.

lol i dont know about everyone else but i like to buy the ones that go up to your knee and their all different colors and have like stars on em and skulls and swirls and animal print in like rainbow colors. its awesome.