Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Can I file unemployment ?

I worked at as a bartender at a golf course back in feb this year. I only worked for about 2 months and after that they just stopped calling me into work. I would call and that manager would say we will get you in ... that never happened. Its been 8 months and i was wondering should i file unemployment. i am a full time college student maxed out credit hours with all math and science classes and i have no time for a job but i do need the money. I have no idea how to go about getting unemployment or if i can even get unemployment...

Also because of my money situation i was told that i can apply for food stamps... if that lets you know how broke i am. lol

Update:

i also live in Florida ... if that makes a difference

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Don't know the laws in Fla. but I doubt you worked long enough to collect unemployment.

However, no one really knows but the state of Florida. Call your employment office.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

No I in no way did. I as quickly as had a activity and the vendors of the corporation cut back down my hours so low i could no longer stay to tell the story it yet in simple terms severe sufficient i could no longer document for unemployment, they have been development and promoting properties and we've been in a recession. they does no longer enable me pass completely by fact their unemployment-tax expenditures would be raised for a undeniable quantity of time if I filed for it. My wisdom is which you would be able to in undemanding terms get unemployment for the two no longer having sufficient hours and pay from an eternal type activity or you get laid off. no longer all jobs contain severance pay rather if the corporation is a small one.

• 1 decade ago

No. To be eligible for unemployment, you must be available to work and able to work. If you cannot work because of your class schedule, then you do not qualify for unemployment.

• wg0z
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

full-time students are never eligible.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.