How come my dad can't learn how to cook?

Before my dad got married to my mom, he claimed that all he ate were sandwiches because he never knew how to cook. He never learned how to cook after all these years. He can't even do something simple like brew a cup of coffee. My mom has to do it for him. He can't even do something simple like like heat up... show more Before my dad got married to my mom, he claimed that all he ate were sandwiches because he never knew how to cook. He never learned how to cook after all these years. He can't even do something simple like brew a cup of coffee. My mom has to do it for him. He can't even do something simple like like heat up frozen food in the oven. He can't even cook rice on a rice cooker, which is so simple.

He doesn't know how to do any type of cooking whatsoever. Why can't he learn?? Is it THAT hard for some people?