What good side dishes go with meat loaf?

So my Husband has been working out of town for about 3 weeks now and it seems like forever so i wanted to make him something Special being that he loves meat loaf that's what im going to make but im stuck? what goes along with it.

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Lv 6
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

If I may add I reccomend Heinz chili sauce, instead of using ketchup..... so much more yummy.

classic sides: potatoes sliced, tossed in garlic powder onion powder, parmesan cheese, and olive oil. stirr together in a bowl then bake in the oven at 350 until tender.

homemade mac n' cheese using mozz, chedder, and parmesan, half and half, shell noodles, chicken broth salt and pepper.

veggies: asparagus, brussell sprouts, cheesy broccoli.

mmm I wish I was your husband!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Source(s): Delicious Paleo Recipes Cookbook - http://PaleoCookbook.raiwi.com/?JHTV
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What good side dishes go with meat loaf?

So my Husband has been working out of town for about 3 weeks now and it seems like forever so i wanted to make him something Special being that he loves meat loaf that's what im going to make but im stuck? what goes along with it.

Source(s): good side dishes meat loaf: https://biturl.im/yMXlB
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Mashed potatoes is a must.

Green beans or green peas.

Sweet sliced carrots are good if he likes carrots.

If he likes tossed salads that would be good too.

Dessert such as his favorite pie. You can buy frozen pies at the grocery store, read directions. Cook in the oven.

Did you know you can now buy precooked meats of all types which includes meatloaf? They are delicious. Our favorites are:

Pot roast with gravy;

Meatloaf;

Baked ham;

Brisket;

Pork chops;

the list goes on and on.

You find them in the cold section at your grocery store, not the freezer. Ask a clerk to help you find them.

Canned or frozen precooked vegetables make great side dishes. We also like canned sweet potatoes.

You can now buy premade ice tea by the gallon. Some is sweet tea and some is unsweetened tea. It is delicious. Don't forget to put into the fridge to get cold.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

Side Dishes For Meatloaf

• ?
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Mashed potato and gravy is the classic with meat loafs you can also boil small red potatoes, peal them then fry them in oil until golden. Put your meat loaf in the middle of your serving dish and arrange the golden potatoes around it. Season with salt and pepper or drizzle on them some of that delicious gravy. give it a try you might like it. You can also serve sauteed green beans or green peas on the side.

Mazal Tan

http://howtoexpo.com

• erbe
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Sides For Meatloaf

• 9 years ago

Meatloaf NEEDS mashed potatoes! The vegetable is wide open. But mashed potatoes are a must. To pick them up toss a few whole cloves of peeled garlic into the water with the potatoes and they will be so soft they will just mash up while you ae mashing the potatoes infusing them with a subtle and gorgeous flavor.

• randb
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Homemade mac and cheese can be baked at the same time as the meatloaf. Oh, so can an apple pie! I'd probably cook some peas and carrots to go with a meal like that...

• 9 years ago

Mashed Potatoes with Bacon and Garlic

Ingredients:

* 6 lb. russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch

pieces

* 2 tsp. salt, plus more, to taste

* 3/4 lb. bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces

* 3 1/2 cups half-and-half

* 2 Tbs. roasted garlic puree

To make: Roast 2 cloves of garlic rubbed with olive oil in a 400 degree oven til golden.

Remove from oven and use a fork to mash into a paste or puree in a blender

* Freshly ground pepper, to taste

Directions:

Put the potatoes and the 2 tsp. salt in a large stockpot and add water to cover the potatoes by 3 inches. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain well in a colander.

Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp and browned, about 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Pour the bacon fat into a small bowl and reserve, if desired, for adding to the mashed potatoes.

Return the pan to medium heat and pour in the half-and-half. Heat, stirring to scrape up the browned bits, until small bubbles form around the edges of the pan. Remove from the heat.

Set a potato ricer over the pot and pass the potatoes through in batches. Alternatively, return the potatoes to the pot and mash them with a potato masher. Gradually add the half-and-half, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until the potatoes are smooth and creamy. Fold in the bacon, the roasted garlic puree and up to 2 Tbs. of the reserved bacon fat, if using. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a warmed serving bowl and serve immediately. Serves 12.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.