Is Halloween Un-Christian?

First off, I'm an non-believer but I did grow up Catholic. I don't know if that matters but I do have some background in religion. Anyways.. My aunt & uncle are Christian ministers and they don't let their children participate in Halloween. My cousin is a typical 10-year-old and she wants to go the... show more First off, I'm an non-believer but I did grow up Catholic. I don't know if that matters but I do have some background in religion. Anyways..

My aunt & uncle are Christian ministers and they don't let their children participate in Halloween. My cousin is a typical 10-year-old and she wants to go the haunted corn maze by my house (dubbed "the fear farm") here in Avondale, AZ. Obviously my request to take her was denied and I would like some insight to understand why this occurred.

I understand Halloween was originally a pagan holiday where-in people would don scary masks and such to scare away the evil spirits still stuck here on Earth. Today, it is a time where kids go trick-or-treating, watch scary movies, and visit haunted attractions like the one I've mentioned a-fore. I would understand how sacrificing animals and pulling out ouija boards is considered un-christian, but it's not like this girl actually believes zombies have/can actually rise from the dead..

Can some religious people quote me some scripture that says it's unchristian to participate in Halloween? I think it should also be mentioned that they celebrate Christmas and had us believing in Santa Claus when we were little (a false idol!!!).