Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Why does the President call opposers of !llegal !mmigration HIS ENEMIES, but not the Taliban?

"And if Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, we're gonna punish our enemies and we're gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us..." Obama

24 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Reading comprehension - FAIL. Obama does not call them *his* enemies. He was speaking in the "third person", giving voice to the thoughts of Latino voters.

Analyzing contextual clues - FAIL.

Spe!!ing - FAIL

• 9 years ago

Yeah, The post-partisan, post-racial president. The Unifier of all people. What a scheming liar he turned out to be.

I guess we had to elect him to find out what was in him.

• ?
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Zzzz, no link, nuther RW Hate Media fabrication

• Dale
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

No your quote doesn't mention who the enemies are . I guess you feel guilty about something.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Wow, I guess as an American whose parents crossed the Rio Grande legally, I am his enemy since I am against illegal immigration.

He is more worried about offending those trying to kill us.

• Alex
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

There are enemies in politics. Some presidents even make lists of enemies.

• Tyler
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Because it's so obvious that taliban are the enemies.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

he did not say that. you have the quote there yourself. and you are taking it out of context. this is in response to those politicians encouraging Latinos not to vote. the only reason they are doing this is because if Latinos do turn out in this election then they know that they have no chance. oh and illegal immigrant does not = latino.

good job at knocking down that strawman.

• 9 years ago

Lets see He increase the number of troops fighting them in Afghanistan from

from approx. 33,000 to approx 94,000.

This President has increased US air strikes in Pakistan from 36 in 2008 to 53 in 2009 and over 80 so far this year. Mustafa al-Yazid Al-Qaida's number three co-founder of the terror network was killed in one of those missiles strikes in Pakistan May 2010.

I think we both know they are our enemy.

• 9 years ago

He is just that kind of guy. Warped, Arrogant, Narcissist, no Presidential credibility.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.