Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 9 years ago

My ex and i share 50/50 custody of our two year old son she hasn't been letting me see him past 3 weeks...?

My ex and i share 50/50 of our two year old son its court ordered and i pay my child support on time and have never missed a payment. Well my ex has been refusing to let me see my son the past 3 weeks and i don't want to cause problems or anything but i have a right to see my fuq'ing son he is all i have and i love him to death. But i don't want to fight in front of him and its so irritating and i don't know what to do my girlfriend told me to stop stressing and take her to court since she isn't following the court order but i don't understand why she won't let me see my son to begin with. What should i do? How can i go about this without fighting? Advice?

Favorite Answer

If it's court ordered, notify them, and she'll be held in contempt of court. She could be fined or see jail time. Judges don't like their orders ignored.

You have the right to see your son. You are court ordered to pay child support, that is your part of the court order. She has to let you see him BECAUSE you pay that child support. Take her back to court and explain to the judge that your court order requires you to pay child support so that you can see your son. I've seen this happen to many men and they try to work it out without going back to court, and it rarely works out well. Your best bet is to go back to court and work it out legally. Good luck and be smart about it!

Do you have court ordered vistitation? Because child support and visitation are two different things. Unless you have a court order that specifys when you get to see you child, she legally doesn't have to allow you any time with him, crappy as that is. Then again, without the court order, you could also leagally withhold the child from her as well.

She's being immature. Take her back to court, don't tell her you're doing it and that will avoid a fight because then you will just see her in court. My daughter sees her dad only on Saturdays, it's court ordered and I would never not take her for her full day visit, no matter how mad I am...Unless he was neglecting her in any way but he wouldn't do that.

Take her to court. If the visitation is court-ordered, she can NOT keep your child from you. She can get in serious trouble for this. Take her to court and take back your rights - don't let her walk all over you.

You need to file a motion to enforce, which can be done without an attorney through a federal child support enforcement program.

Http://Visitation_Rights.Dads-House.Org

Http://Getting_Started-Fathers_N_Family_Law.Dads-House.Org

http://Child_Support.Dads-House.org

Federal Child Support Enforcement Handbook for Non-Custodial Parents

http://ChildSupportRights.org

http://Child_Support_Quiz.dads-house.org

To learn a father's rights, join Dads House in Yahoo Groups. It's free to join, access all materials, and you associate with other fathers going through, and have already gone through, the same issues. We have an Educational Manual that teaches everything that needs to be known in addressing your legal issues. Mention your question here when asked why you want to join, as well as your state?

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DadsHouse/

She is being stupid and childish about it.. plain and simple you need to take her back to court. She is doing it to hurt you.. something little children do.. it's a real shame she is raising your child to think it's ok to act like that.

Take her to court.

If it were me I would call the damn cops on her and get her in trouble for not listening to a court order. Your best bet is to record the conversations of her admitting she won't let you see the child.. you may need proof of the behavior.

Source(s): Momma and wife!

Call her and tell her you have a legal right and you want to see your son. If he doesn't cooperate you will take her to court.

Give her the chance to get her act together, but don't be afraid to follow through with legal action. Your son is worth the legal grief.