How to make a greek goddess costume?

I ordered a dress online from ebay only to realize it will take another week for it to show up at my house. I now am on a tight budget for making my greek goddess costume. I already have accessories- gold bracelets, gold earrings, gold necklace, a head piece, gold strappy sandals, and a gold shield (since I am being Athena). I am only missing the dress and need to make a cute, form fitting dress. A lot of the how-tos online are very bulky and not very flattering. Does anyone know how to make a more stylish dress? I still want a long one.

Favorite Answer

There really is no way we can teach you how to make a proper dress on YA.. i mean..you could try cutting up a plain sheet.. Maybe ask around your friends and family for a dress, check out a thrift store, your dollar store might have cheap costumes, drug stores.. most halloween stores will definately over-charge. hell, look on amazon, they might have something cheap. If you sign up for them, you can get a trial for a prime membership, 30 days(just make sure you go through setting and make sure it doesnt auto-charge when your trial is up), for prime members you get free two-day shipping on some items :)

EDIT: an idea JUST came to me! if you have a sewing machine and sheet, see if you can find a white(or whatever will match your sheet) halter or tank-top that comes down a little past your waist. before you ruin anything incase this doesnt work, take the sheet and pin it around the bottom of your shirt to make sure it looks ok. maybe try to ruffle it a little. if all is good, just sew it on!

Go to a Goodwill store and buy some gold colored costume jewelry that may look good on you with the costume you choose. By buying the jewelry in a Goodwill store you may be able to pay less than what you will pay elsewhere for the jewelry, as what they sell has been donated, and the prices are very reasonable. I would look for some gold colored earrings that have some decoration on them, as the earrings will be attractive with almost any costume you wear. A toga costume is a good choice. Have fun and watch out for the vampires and other critters who will be looking for you because your beauty will attract them and you will have trouble getting them to stop chasing you.

put a sheet around you like a toga and wrap a gold belt or something around the wast an may be get a whip cause i have seen some movies where the goddess has a whip

you could find a sheet and put it in a toga like shape?????