promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Hoda asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 10 years ago

how to enable the document rights in PDF?

I do not have Adobe Professional installed; just the free reader. I want to be able to use the comment and mark-up toolbar to highlight text within the PDF but it will not allow me to because "document rights are not enabled." I am aware there is a way to do this within the Adobe Professional 8 application itself, but I do not want to to download a trial simply to change that option.

Is there any way to change this setting directly in Adobe Reader 9?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Sorry but there is no way to do this in Reader. You might find a friend or co-worker who has Acrobat Pro or one of the knock-off programs and have them do it for you.

Quick search finds http://download.cnet.com/PDFill-PDF-Editor/3000-66... that might do what you want with freeware. Some of the reviews indicate success, others not so much. Worth a try.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

The document rights belong to the creator of the document and they are probably locked down so that you can't change them. If you can convert the PDF to a Word file then you can highlight your answers.

• 10 years ago

Even you have Adobe acrobat professional, you have to know the password to change security setting. If you don't, the only way is to find a pdf password remover to remove the restriction. The article I mentioned in the resource helps. It introduces how to remove pdf restrictions. Check it out.

• 10 years ago

First Answer: YES, If you have the password to the document

Second Answer

If you don't have the password, you need an application that can remove the restrictions for you

e. g. A-PDF Restrictions Remover which you can find in this site >>

http://www.a-pdf.com/security/restrictions_remover...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Owner Password is needed to change the security status of protected PDF file.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.