? asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Hair Weave: Ethnic Hair?

I'm on my school's dance team, and we wear our hair down for all performances and practices, but ok, i'm African American, and I sweat quite a bit. When I sweat my hair just gets huge and frizzy when I wear it straight (which I like to do for performances, because my hair is short). Not to mention that we perform often, so I have to re-straighten it each time and that is damaging my hair.

So I was thinking to get a full hair weave, so that I don't have to worry about it being a big curly afro mess after every performance. Also, I'd like to just let my hair grow back out (I just cut it a few months ago). I have some reservations and concerns about getting a weave however.

Concerns:

1. I have a LOT of hair. Will this affect my ability to get a full weave?

2.What should I look for in getting a weave? Which will be better for my lifestyle (on-the-go)?

3. How long can I keep one in if I take care of it well?

4. How do I take care of it well?

5. $$$, is there some brand that is both good quality and cheap?

6. Is there one texture that is better than another? (I would like either curly or wavy, or if I can make a straight one wavy, that would be great as well.)

7. Where is the best place to buy a weave?

8. Full weave vs. Front lace wig (sewn in)?

Ok, I know that is a lot to answer, but if someone could answer all of it, I would very much appreciate it. I've had a few tracks in once, but never a full set. Anything I missed, or any tips? All info helps.

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Hello,

I'm going to try my best to answer your questions:

Answers to Concerns:

Answer: Absolutely not. You will just need more packs of hair

Answer: Hair type and quality. If you want it to last a long time then its best to get Remy hair.

Secondly you may want to get something that mimics your texture. A Remy light yaki or yaki full lace wig would be suitable. Or you can get a Remy Kinky Straight.

Answer: It all depends on the quality. Horse hair (what they call human hair) may only last you one month's use. However Indian Remy hair will last you for months to come because they are easily reusable and since they are REAL human hair it can be easily revived.

4. How do I take care of it well?

Answer: Use good conditioners, shampoos and moisturizers

Answer: Kapenzo is a good and affordable brand for Remy hair

Answer:

Silky straight Remy is easily manageable

Light yaki or yaki Remy requires a bit of maintenance

Wavy Remy is provides convenient wet and go style

Curly tends to be a bit of a pain in maintaining

Answer - Online stores are more affordable but physical storefronts will provide you with a personalized approach and further assistance

Answer:You'll save a lot of money if you get a full lace wig Indian Remy hair and sew it in because:

A - Its real human hair so it will last longer and you'll able to reuse it more often

B - Its light in weight compare to wearing a traditional wig or weave and it won't break your hair

C - Its more cost effective in the long run

Hope that helps!

Cheers!