Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What to do if you have an allergy to fragrances, besides avoid them?

I have an allergy to perfumes, colognes. I try to avoid going to stores where people are wearing them, but still have to leave my home. So many people wear tons of perfume and it makes me really sick. Is there such a thing as allergy shots I can get for a fragrance allergy ?

2 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    A problem with allergies is prolong exposure can make things worse. I'm not sure your case merits the use of immunotherapies. I know that seems harsh but without knowing the exact chemical in the perform which is causing the hypersensitive reaction, you can't really have a anti-allergy shot. If the problem is really bad, visit your personal physician and negotiate an allergy test. Investigating the actual ingredient is imperative. I tip could be to smear a layer of vaseline over the nostrils when you go out, it doesn't treat the reaction, but it does reduce the effects [for some people].

    Good luck.

  • 1 decade ago

    make your clothes smell good

    use your clothes as fragrance

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.