snc413 asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

informative speech red sox 2004 alcs?

How can I make informative?ALCS

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

www.boston.com/sports/redsox has a bunch of archived stories from that wonderful series.......look up Eric Wilbur's story after the ALCS...

some high points.

no team in baseball EVER in the hundred plus years of the game had EVER come back from being down 0-3, and only two other teams in ALL of professional sports had come back from down 0-3

Kevin Millar, the wacky loony tune Rd Sox 1st baseman, never with a serious quote all season, when asked what would happen after Game 3 looked at the camera and said 'This is October ...when heroes are made"

Game 4....goes to extra innings..becomes the longest post season game in history before Papi wins it with a home run at 1 am

the NEXT night Game 5 sets the new record for the longest post season game in history when Papi wins it with an RBI single at 1:15 in the morning

Curt Schilling two days before he had to pitch and win couldn't even walk....a tendon in his ankle came loose.....the Red Sox doctor invented a procedure that had never been tried before, practiced the night before on a corpse at Mass General Hospital, sewed Curt's tendon to his skin and Curt went out and gave a performance which will be the definition of "guts" for generationn

In Game 6 A-Rod slapped the ball out of Bronson Arroyos hand ...Jeter runs around to score......the umps get together and rightly call A_Roid out for cheating.........the run is taken off the board........the Yankee fans show their class by throwing so much stuff on the field the New York Police Department Riot Squad had to be called out to line the bases before the game could resume.....a PRICELESS memory

Game 7 the Yankee fans have deserted by the end, and all you can hear in Yankee Stadium in the ninth inning is "Lets Go Red Sox!"

• 1 decade ago

informative speech red sox 2004 alcs?

How can I make informative?ALCS

Start by asking a reasonable question that makes some sense with complete sentences. But that is only if you want some complete strangers to do your homework assignment for you.

• 1 decade ago

I would highlight the Dave Roberts stolen base. This was the pivotal moment of the series. Talk about the Yankee dominance before that (Game three still gives me shudders) and then how everyone knew he was going, but he still made it and how the momentum changed. I felt a weird vibe when it happened, like the Sox would take that game. Mo blew two saves in a row!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.